Localise is a unique digital marketplace, controlled by business owners and powered by conscientious shoppers. We enable small business owners and independent retailers to effortlessly connect with local consumers in our innovative and inclusive eco system. Localise is where caring for local trade is rewarded and the local economy is nurtured.
In October 2020 we are launching our app on iOS and Android. Our technology will continuously advance in-line with the needs of our target market as we continue to bring shoppers and businesses back to the high streets of the UK.
This is an opportunity to work with an award-winning start-up that has strong ethics and principles, a great mission and a hunger to succeed. Localise is a close-knit organisation, where team members are required to pull together to work towards our goals and organisational objectives. If you are looking to take a step up in your technology career and enjoy being part of a fun and dynamic team, this is a job for you.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the technical implementation of new products and enhancements. They will work with the CEO, CTO and Product Manager across all phases of the development cycle: concept to implementation.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of being part of the complete app development lifecycle, including pre-release testing, backend, API and frontend development.
Awareness and demonstrable understanding of Apple and Google best practises with respect to app development is required. Experience of also implementing UX/UI best practise generally is advantageous, as is developing high availability, serverless platforms on AWS/GCP/Azure.
Specific required tooling and experience is required in the following areas:
- Languages: Swift, Kotlin, Golang
- Architectures: Serverless, microservices
- Infrastructure: AWS EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, WAF, Shield
- Developer environment: Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Bitbucket
- CI/CD: Jenkins or competency in alternatives
- Testing: Automated testing, unit testing, AWS Device Farm, TestFlight or competency in alternatives
- Security: Encryption and authentication
Extra brownie points for engineers that have previous experience with auto-scaling and high availability systems.
- Perform full life-cycle development
- Adhere to agreed upon delivery schedules
- Utilizes source control, continuous integration, and unit testing best practices
- Work cross-functionally to define and write code for new features
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 2+ years' experience in related area
- Experience with iOS and Android platforms
- An exciting and socially responsible start up
- A closely knit team of driven, passionate individuals
- Integrity driven
- Looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team
Candidates must be based in the UK and we do not need recruitment agecy assistance on this role presently. Thank you.