Gousto are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
With our brand new Thurrock Factory opening up and starting production in August 2021, the Warehouse Operations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations within the functional areas of receiving, storing and distribution of goods. With you coming on board before launch, you will be vital in determining how the site is run and making sure everything is ready for go live!
This hands-on role requires effective motivation, coaching and engagement of team members to drive productivity and performance, developing and embedding best practice processes and management of key objectives
What you’ll do (job tasks and responsibilities)
- Dayshift ops lead on Good inward process and champion initiative
- Oversee the timely and accurate receipt, checking and management of deliveries to site, ensuring they are accurately recorded onto the Warehouse Management System.
- Research, plan, propose and implement future developments required to improve warehouse areas and productivity
- Align with company principles
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Conduct regular 1:1s with direct reports
- Brief team leaders on a daily basis
- Mentor, train and develop team for career progression and learning
- Identify training needs within your department on an ongoing basis and ensure that a training plan, including agreed timescales for implementation is maintained at all times.
- Develop and embed a series of Key Performance Indicators
- Produce regular reports and KPIs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Reward and recognize performance and execute on progressive discipline as needed
- Work alongside production colleagues to create a harmonised environment.
- Manage investigation and resolution of all operational issues .
- Oversee collation and movements of stock both physically and on the system to ensure accurate stock levels of goods for ongoing delivery of all orders.
- Maintain the WMS to achieve high service levels and ensure an efficient internal movement of stock whilst maintaining system accuracy.
- Ensure maintenance of efficient stock rotation and handling systems including obsolete stock levels and make recommendations.
- Manage departmental weekly, monthly and yearly stock counts as required.
- Responsible for Health and Safety within Stores ensuring that all staff are adequately trained and provided with fit for purpose tools / equipment to fulfil their duties complying with all relevant H&S regulations, Company Policies and Procedures.
Skills, knowledge and abilities required to be effective in this position
- Experience working in a stock-management role ideally in FMCG.
- Understanding of best practice processes in a warehouse environment and experience in successfully implementing and embedding them.
- Experience in successfully developing and managing high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as interaction at all levels of the business and cross-functionally will be required.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to effectively manage workloads are a must in this fast-moving and challenging environment
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Problem solving.
- Ambitious and looking to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google apps (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Experience of using WMS and stock control systems.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.