Join our efforts to change the world
There are more than 2 billion people in the world with limited or no access to financial services. Despite being among the poorest in the world, they still have to pay comparatively some of the highest fees for the basic financial services, which we in developed countries and regions take for granted. Blockbonds aims to change this radically, by offering our users a platform to use and transact for free. Blockbonds mission is to provide everyone with access to banking services through innovative technology. Our product SPENN is an advanced mobile application with a simple interface that is easy to understand and use by anyone, regardless of their background, education, age or knowledge of banking applications. Our primary target markets are emerging countries where large segments of the population have little or no access to banking services.
Blockbonds is now present in seven different countries. The company is expanding rapidly and we are now strengthening our team further with experienced sales and business development professionals who wish to join our vision of achieving global financial inclusion for the poorest segments of our society.
Who are we looking for?
As a global company, we need those who can both work independently and in teams across borders and cultures. To encounter all the challenges we face, we are looking for hungry people with a burning desire to succeed in creating a world we envision: Where everyone has equal financial opportunities, and can manage their savings, payments and investments in an honest, transparent and secure way.
We are looking to recruit a Head of Sales for Africa to build up our sales and business development team with smart people who are ambitious, work well independently and in teams, are not looking to be behind a desk all day and are passionate about working in a company aiming to improve the lives of millions at the grass root level.
Reporting directly to the Directly to the Director of Operations, this role will be critical in delivering on our hugely ambitious plans over the next few years. It is a great opportunity to take on commercial responsibilities across markets in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment. The role can be based in our offices in Rwanda, Tanzania or Zambia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with management to both develop and shape, and ensure delivery of a robust and optimised engagement strategy
- Managing and growing the department’s function, building processes and frameworks around the department’s market strategy, cost optimisation and relationship management practices
- Fill management gaps by building and training individuals and teams in Sales and Account Management
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Leading strategic deal-making efforts with external stakeholders
- Delivering a consistent and scalable pipeline of integrations for the product team to effectively and measurably improve local customer offerings
- Other related duties as assigned
- Experience of revenue ownership with a successful track record of success and demonstrable business expansion and growth.
- Proven successful sales team building and management experience.
- Understanding of how to establish and maintain excellent relationships with C-level executives of key target clients and channel partners.
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to lead change and take others with you.
- A passion for financial inclusion, and a can-do and agile attitude necessary to thrive in a start-up environment
- Fluency in English