This role will lead the development of Sunswap's electrical system and undertake activities from conception through to system design, build, testing and certification. This is a great opportunity to be part of building an early stage business and you will contribute to the development of the Sunswap product range.
Where you’ll work
Sunswap is a clean-tech start-up aiming to disrupt the transportation and energy industries by combining state-of-the-art refrigeration with cutting-edge battery technology, solar power and IoT.
The core Sunswap product is an electric Transport Refrigeration Unit (TRU) which provides a clean cost-competitive alternative to diesel TRUs. Sunswap is also developing a range of other products to further accelerate the move to zero emissions in the transport industry.
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible working hours, a healthy work-life balance, short lines of communication, flat structures and great team spirit
- Fast-growing company with a wide network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of sustainable transportation
- The chance to build new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities
Preferred skills and experience
- Educated to degree level in electrical engineering or equivalent industry experience, ideally CEng with demonstrated sign-off level responsibility
- Experience in both HV and LV systems, ideally across both mobile and static systems
- Ability to use and quickly learn about different programming devices, languages and software
- Knowledge of control systems, such as IEC61131-3 structured text
- Experience in the design of energy storage / delivery systems such as batteries and charging solutions
- Experience generating electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and harness design
- Knowledge of relevant safety processes and standards
- Experience working on automotive / motorsport / transport electrical systems, complying with industry standards, processes and certification
What you’ll do
- Lead product build and test activities
- Define electrical system architecture and control strategies
- Produce circuit design, electrical schematics and manufacturing drawings for electrical systems (power distribution unit, wiring harnesses etc)
- Review and management of sub-contractor design output
- Component selection and sourcing
- Control system design and controller programming
- Electrical system design validation and verification
- Generate requirements from the customer’s brief
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible work from home policy
To apply please get in touch with your CV and the answers to these 2 questions - 3-5 sentences on each:
- What is the most interesting or exciting project you've worked on?
- Why do you want to work in a start-up and what do you expect from it?