A bit about the company.
At LabGenius we’re building a platform to discover revolutionary medicines using machine learning. By combining traditional biology with cutting-edge technology, we want to radically improve the drug discovery process and produce more effective therapeutics for people worldwide.
Since being founded in 2012 by Dr James Field, we’ve been backed by leading investors from the US and Europe, such as Lux Capital, Obvious Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Kindred Capital, and Backed VC. More recently, we’ve featured on BBC Radio 4’s ‘The Bottom Line’, The Economist’s Babbage podcast, in TechCrunch, and been named by CB Insights as one of their ‘Game Changer’ startups with world-changing potential.
Drawing on your prior experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, you will provide commercial insight into both existing pipeline assets and new research proposals. Your work will impact directly upon portfolio prioritisation and strategic planning. You will be closely involved in business development and fundraising initiatives and will provide both qualitative evaluation of the competitive landscape and quantitative financial assessment to support decision-making in these areas.
What you’ll do in this role.
- You will evaluate the strategic, financial, and legal aspects of potential business deals and partnerships in order to present a compelling and clear case to the executive team resulting in sound investment and alliance decisions.
- You will work with internal stakeholders to develop financial models for the evaluation and forecasting of new pipeline assets and research proposals. This will include working closely with scientists to fully define target patient populations that enable us to realise the full potential of each asset.
- You will provide competitive intelligence with respect to (a) platform technologies, (b) therapeutic areas and (c) drug targets; drawing on information from conferences, research and patent literature.
- You will identify and prioritise new opportunities using knowledge of worldwide markets and emerging clinical data.
- You will define target product profiles (TPPs) for existing preclinical assets.
- You will identify sources of significant non-dilutive financing and coordinate the formulation and submission of research proposals.
What we’re looking for from you.
- You'll be expected to work independently as well as part of the team.
- You will feel confident in being the ‘go to’ person for competitive analysis and commercial asset evaluation.
- You will enjoy working together with a team of scientists who will bring extensive disease biology and pharmacological expertise to inform your commercial assessments.
- You'll want to actively participate in establishing deals and commercial partnerships, along with our CEO and Chairman.
- You'll be excited about making the role your own. This position would particularly suit a seasoned biopharmaceutical analyst looking to increase their exposure to biology and business development.
Experience and knowledge.
- You'll have a Life-sciences, pharmacy or medical degree.
- You'll have a proven track record in commercial assessment and strategic asset placement within the biopharmaceutical context.
- You'll have prior experience and/or knowledge of Autoimmune, Oncology and/or other Immunological disease.
- You'll have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
- You’ll pride yourself on your attention to detail, and always maintain the highest standards.
- PhD and/or MBA would be an advantage.
Aside from being part of our brilliant, purpose-driven team, you'll also enjoy:
- Flexible working arrangements: whether you’re a night owl or a morning lark, with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Easy access to on-site gym and climbing wall to break a sweat or indulge your inner monkey.
- Monthly 1-on-1 coaching from Sanctus: because we need to look after our minds as well as our bodies.
- Self-service study budget via Sunlight plus books, courses, and events; we encourage personal development in any form. Basically, we heart learning.
- Weekly team lunches from City Pantry: the perfect time to connect over kebabs, natter over nachos, or cackle over curry.
- Access to the Cycle To Work scheme: to make your commute cheaper, healthier, and a whole lot greener!
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please make sure you include a solid cover letter that shows your enthusiasm for this role and for LabGenius' work!