Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Junior Technical Artworker
We have an opportunity within Food Proposition for a Junior Technical Artworker to join our Food Process team, based in Shepherd’s Bush, London. In this role, you’ll be working alongside our existing Junior Technical Artworker, managing our recipe card creation and the management of our digital assets with the support of the Food Process Manager, working to drive development of these processes with an array of stakeholders. Whilst this is not a strictly creative role, it will require you to work, at times, under the guardianship of the Brand team.
Our successful Menu & Market Tribe are building a world-class way of displaying, personalising and merchandising our recipes to ensure maximum customer excitement and enjoyment, and evolving the way we manage our recipe library is a key part of that. This will be an ever changing position: our team is always striving to make processes more efficient as we continue to scale.
If you’re a naturally organised, detail-focused person with an eye of logical structure, you will fit right in.
Recipe Card Creation
- Producing recipe cards, using the master templates created by our Creative team, in line with our menu on a weekly basis.
- Carrying out amends to the recipe cards before the weekly print deadline.
- Creating artwork of the highest standard within our brand guidelines and requirements.
- Working within a cross-functional team to bring both copy and design work together to a high standard.
- Continuous development and honing of the technical abilities relevant to the role and delivering the highest standard of execution.
- Constantly looking for, and implementing, requested improvements.
- Proofing and checking print ready artwork.
- Writing/amending InDesign scripts to further increase the automation of the recipe card creation process.
Digital Asset Management
- Managing our large database of imagery
- Resizing of images for respective assets
- Photoshopping/retouching images
- Uploading of images to Gousto internal system
- Assist the Food team in day-to-day activities to support Gousto on our mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
You will work closely with your team as well as having key stakeholders across Gousto, including:
- Recipe Development
- Digital Product
The Food Process team has grown from 1 to 5 people in a short period of time and taken new responsibilities. Gousto is making huge investments business wide and the team will keep on growing! This will provide opportunities for furthered career growth and learning.
Who you are/experience required:
- Proven experience of working within an artworking role
- Experienced with the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Adobe Indesign and Photoshop)
- Experience working with prebuilt master templates and are confident with Data Merge
- Knowledge of creating print ready artwork
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to short deadlines and fast turnaround times on a number of projects at any given time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Good level of written English
- Takes responsibility for managing the standard and quality of own output
- A mind for logical structure
- Gains satisfaction from repetitive tasks
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth!
**We are currently remote working due to COVID-19. As lockdown measures begin to ease across most parts of the UK, our Environment Team has been busy reviewing how we could fully reopen our offices, and what additional safety measures we would need to implement to keep our people safe.**
Our offices are ergonomically tested for comfort, noise levels and ensuring we have different spaces to collaborate in. Not to mention daily coffee, tea, fruit and ice creams (vegan options too!). We have weekly Friday socials ranging from team updates, birthday celebrations, meet ups and more! Soft drinks, beer, wine and more snacks included! (Well we do love food)
Ping pong, gaming events, running clubs to pub clubs, wellbeing days and quarterly people events are just a few of the initiatives in place.
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Gousto Academy training courses
- Free food & recipes from the test kitchen
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, mug
For the full Gousto list of benefits just get in touch and we can share all the details!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.