Sugar is a financing platform for the digital economy, created to provide capital to games and apps studios with exciting growth ambitions. Our range of flexible loans and products can significantly boost a studio’s growth without taking any equity away from the founders.
Our metrics-driven loans can help studios to scale-up quickly and take them from a few thousand users to a few hundred thousand users and beyond.
At the heart of everything we do is a deep understanding of the key metrics of games and apps, as well as what drives their performance. Our solutions can support a studio at any stage of its lifecycle and we are embedded in the games and apps ecosystem.
To be the leading financial provider to the digital economy.
We are passionate about simplifying finance for the digital world and we offer fantastic career opportunities to great people.
- Work SMART: results count, facetime doesn’t. Balance work and life and make sure you’re productive. Don’t miss a deadline, but don’t miss your kid’s nativity play or your new sofa delivery either.
- Aim high: make sure you offer your very best to your clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Be open: communicate openly and effectively. Let’s talk. Slack and email are fine, but we prefer to talk
- This is an exciting opportunity to build and own the platform that drives Sugar’s financing process. Collecting and analysing metrics and in game data is a complicated art, which requires integration with data providers, execution of data science models and handling of results.
- Building from the ground up, Sugar needs integrations with data sources, databases and APIs to serve our customers.
- Utilize the latest methodologies like serverless functions, state machines and event/data driven flows to build a modern, cloud-native platform.
The Ideal Person
- Highly motivated, hard working self-starter who shares the Sugar vision.
- Cloud Native, Python development background.
- Willing to take on a new challenge within a fast growing and nimble start-up, to explore areas they are challenged by, and make calculated decisions
- Ability to work closely with founders and data science team to build and design a scalable fully automated platform
- Developing integrations with external analytics & data providers.
- Creation of serverless execution flows, feeding & processing data using our Machine Learning and analytical models.
- Design and build databases and storage solutions.
- Creation of APIs to serve frontend and back office workflows.
- Work closely with the Data Science team to normalise and cleanse data, and to improve the performance and capabilities of our models.
- Help design platform architecture.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Python backend engineer.
- Hands on experience creating, testing & deploying serverless functions.
- Experience utilizing cloud-native services such as AWS Cognito/OAuth, Athena/Aurora & API Gateway.
- Comfortable using SQL queries and NoSQL alike (i.e DynamoDB).
- Familiarity with API design standards such as Swagger / OpenAPI - a plus.
- Fintech experience a nice-to-have - eg. integrations with Mambu, Experian, Zoho, Vantage etc
- Competitive salary plus equity options
- 25 days holiday (plus additional holiday between Christmas And New Year)
- Smart Working
- Your birthday off for your own fun and cake
- Friday lunch in the office plus regular social events (returning post-COVID)
- High level of autonomy and support from a highly ambitious and motivated team
Get in touch
Please send a cover letter, your Github profile and CV to email@example.com and let’s have a chat
Sugar is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with
a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.