ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an SEO Copywriter to write high quality, high ranking content across our site and to optimise existing content and ensure that it gains rankings, organic traffic, and conversions. Sitting within our busy SEO department, this role will involve writing across a huge range of topics, from the job market through to coding best practices, teaching, and healthcare. An ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of what makes copy rank, as well as an excellent grasp of audiences, motivations, and how to push people towards conversion.
- Blog copywriting to maintain and grow relevant, organic traffic to the blog.
- Blog posting and management on WordPress.
- SEO optimisation of existing copy on the blog, course description pages, microcredential pages, and elsewhere across the website.
- Copywriting to appeal to a broad variety of audiences and to rank in the UK, but also across multiple countries including USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, India, Nigeria, and more
- Reporting on the impact of SEO copy.
- A strong portfolio of SEO copywriting across multiple website types including ecommerce and publishing platforms.
- Strong understanding SEO best practices and concepts.
- Good understanding of different audiences and how to appeal to them.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Experience conducting in-depth keyword research using tools such as Arefs, Similarweb, and Moz.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Corporate copywriting experience and the ability to deliver high quality content in high volumes, without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to quickly research, understand, and interpret new ideas from the building blocks of coding through to medical or engineering concepts.
- Desirable: knowledge of Google Analytics.
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 7 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners. FutureLearners live and breathe the company values and have a strong connection with our purpose,
We offer lots of flexibility, competitive benefits and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us. Please also include your salary expectations.
This role will be fully remote whilst FutureLearn's office in Camden is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely with only periodic visits to the office required
Closing date for applications will be 5th November
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.