ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Senior SEO Copywriter to create high quality, effective SEO content across multiple content areas. This role takes responsibility for the production and review of SEO copy, and works with the Head of SEO to interpret the SEO strategy and create engaging content across the site to offer value for our users and rapidly grow organic traffic.
- Blog ideation and planning based on overall company and SEO strategies.
- Copywriting to maintain and grow relevant, organic traffic to the blog.
- Blog posting and management on WordPress.
- SEO optimisation of existing copy on the blog, course description pages, microcredential pages, and elsewhere across the website or external blogs.
- Copywriting to appeal to a broad variety of audiences and to rank in the UK, but also across multiple countries including USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, India, Nigeria, and more.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to create thought leadership pieces.
- Collaborating with PR and within the marketing team on cross-cutting content projects.
- Providing training and guidance on SEO copywriting best process and practices.
- Reviewing and analysing existing copy for further optimisation and learnings based on past content.
- Reporting on the impact of SEO copy.
- Managing one other SEO copywriter.
- A strong portfolio of SEO copywriting across multiple website types including ecommerce and publishing platforms.
- Strong understanding SEO best practices and concepts.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Experience conducting in-depth keyword research using tools such as Arefs, Similarweb, and Moz.
- Good commercial understanding of different audiences and how to appeal to them.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Corporate copywriting experience and the ability to deliver high quality content in high volumes, without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to quickly research, understand, and interpret new ideas from the building blocks of coding through to medical or engineering concepts.
- Desirable: experience using Google Analytics.
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 7 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners. FutureLearners live and breathe the company values and have a strong connection with our purpose,
We offer lots of flexibility, competitive benefits and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us. Please also include your salary expectations.
This role will be fully remote whilst FutureLearn's office in Camden is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely with only periodic visits to the office required
Closing date for applications will be 28th September
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.