ABOUT THE ROLE
Technical SEO Manager is a new role within the organisation. We are looking for an SEO professional with a love of analysis, competitor research, and finding content and technical solutions to meet ambitious SEO targets.
Working under the Head of SEO, you would be responsible for examining every aspect of our organic performance and working with marketing, product, copywriting, and external agencies to scale and grow our organic traffic across multiple portfolio areas as well as the website as a whole.
- Ongoing analysis and troubleshooting of the website performance.
- Researching the competitive landscape within our industry and across different portfolio areas.
- Researching trends within our industry and finding ways to grow organic traffic by responding to them.
- Collaborating with the product and tech teams to move SEO projects from ideation and approval through to completion.
- Working with the Head of SEO to prioritise SEO projects and create roadmaps.
- Working with the Senior SEO Copywriter to create content strategies reflecting your research.
- Educating internal stakeholders on SEO process and best practices.
- Maintain expertise in digital news, algorithm changes, and trends.
- Regular reporting.
- At least 4 years SEO experience across multiple industries.
- Hands-on experience of multiple SEO and analysis tools including Google Analytics, Search Console, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SimilarWeb, SEMRush.
- Strong understanding of technical SEO.
- Demonstrable experience in scaling organic traffic.
- Demonstrable experience working on large websites of over 10k pages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong time management.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and maintain strong relationships across different departments.
- Highly numerate.
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 7 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners. FutureLearners live and breathe the company values and have a strong connection with our purpose,
We offer lots of flexibility, competitive benefits and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us. Please also include your salary expectations.
This role will be fully remote whilst FutureLearn's office in Camden is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely with only periodic visits to the office required
Closing date for applications will be 28th September
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.