Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Junior Recipe Developer
We have an opportunity within Food Proposition for a Junior Recipe Developer to join our Recipe Development team, based in Shepherd’s Bush, London. Junior Recipe Developers are responsible for creating, with the support of the recipe developers, quality recipes that keep customers coming back. They are part of the Food team and report to our Senior Recipe Developers or Senior Product Development Nutritionist.
If you’re a food-obsessed creative looking for an exciting career in recipe development, this is the role for you.
- Support the Food team through a combination of NPD (new product development) and EPD (existing product development)
- Follow our Recipe Development Process, ensuring all development gates and requirements are adhered to
- Concept recipes to a brief and budget incorporating target customer, range criteria, nutritional guidelines, seasonality and business constraints
- Use recipe popularity, NPS and all other Gousto data that we have available to inform recipe development for both NPD and EPD
- Facilitate new ingredient testing to ensure we always pick the best ingredients at our disposal
- Delivering top quality recipes in full against output targets each quarter
- Be a part of driving increased creativity & innovation in the team through researching trends in new cuisines, ingredients and healthy eating
- Work with our tech solutions to develop recipes that add maximum value to our recipe library
- Be creative to get the best out of our ingredients and budgets, avoiding unnecessary ingredients to keep costs low without compromising on quality
- Deliver outstanding easy to follow recipes including step photos, written method, recipe description, all validated by our thorough checklisting process
- Follow recipe card conventions for methods, naming and formatting and influence changes to these as our product evolves
- Ensure 100% accuracy with prep and cook timings by sense checking them with a Recipe Developer colleague and testing them independently as part of test cooking
- Act on customer feedback, redeveloping recipes with low RPS to make them even better without adding cost
- Have a good working knowledge of company systems, procedures and be confident to challenge, improve and evolve them
Kitchen Management (when back in office)
- Ensure strict health and safety standards are adhered to
- Lead by example by keeping work area tidy and clean, following our H&S manuals from our food process team to deliver a safe working environment
- Let our Kitchen Assistant know if an ingredient is running low so that they can keep the kitchen well stocked for development and shoots
You will work closely with your team as well as having key stakeholders across Gousto, including:
- Food Process
- Menu Planning
- Brand Marketing
What skills and experience you will need?
- Be able to demonstrate your passion for all things food
- Have a creative flair
- Be a whizz in the kitchen, able to deliver high quality food across multiple dish, diet and cuisine types
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a highly efficient way on projects with fast turnarounds
- Incredible attention to detail
- Be able to showcase your experience in written recipe copy
- Strong organisational skills
Nice to haves:
- Previous recipe development experience
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Trained
- A portfolio of recipes to showcase your breath of food knowledge
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth! **We are currently remote working due to COVID-19. As lockdown measures begin to ease across most parts of the UK, our Environment Team has been busy reviewing how we could fully reopen our offices, and what additional safety measures we would need to implement to keep our people safe.** Our offices are ergonomically tested for comfort, noise levels and ensuring we have different spaces to collaborate in. Not to mention daily coffee, tea, fruit and ice creams (vegan options too!). We have weekly Friday socials ranging from team updates, birthday celebrations, meet ups and more! Soft drinks, beer, wine and more snacks included! (Well we do love food) Ping pong, gaming events, running clubs to pub clubs, wellbeing days and quarterly people events are just a few of the initiatives in place. All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Gousto Academy training courses
- Free food & recipes from the test kitchen
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, mug For the full Gousto list of benefits just get in touch and we can share all the details! Equal opportunities
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.