Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
The founders of Garrison recognised that the cyber security industry has failed to deliver on its promise. They established the businesses to build technologies that would make a genuine difference to the security posture of commercial businesses and governments around the planet. Our vision has garnered much interest from investors and global enterprises alike. Significantly Garrison has recently been lauded by the WEF and selected to become a member of their Technology Pioneers community.
More immediately, our ultra-secure web isolation platform is being deployed at scale to large multi-national organisations averaging over fifty thousand employees each - across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
2020 is shaping up to be our busiest and most productive year yet, with increasing demand, steady growth, and plenty of impactful projects taking place!
Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Overview of the role
Working closely with the Chief Sales Officer and Head of Sales Ops, along with Garrison’s Customer Success and Marketing teams, you will be responsible for hunting for new government focused opportunities by rapidly qualifying and nurturing strong leads into signed contracts and other BD activities.
You will play a vital role in Garrison’s growth by ensuring revenue is maximised and customers consistently remain content and more likely to recommend our solutions to their peers.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, both sharp and technically literate with the ability to deliver strong growth in client acquisition. Experience of cyber security sales into government clients is a must, and ideally you will have proven success in taking new and innovative solutions to market. A technical background would also be highly beneficial, but certainly not essential.
Experience in sales to international (non-UK) government is heavily preferred as most of your focus will be on Europe and the Middle East, with some sales in the UK. The position will involve occasional travel (where possible in these unusual times) and anti-social hours to ensure we are servicing these international clients as best as possible.
- Pro-actively seeking out and closing new business and establishing relationships at all levels to maximise opportunities for revenue growth, with government clients in continental Europe and the Middle East.
- Developing a detailed understanding of Garrison’s products, and articulating Garrison’s hardsec proposition to key government prospects and customers.
- Development and execution of sales strategies in support of the company’s mission.
- Demonstrating disciplined sales execution with reliable sales forecasting.
Skills and experience
You’ll be perfect for the role if you have the following-
- Previous experience of securing new logos (government) for innovative start-up technology companies – utilising effective conversion techniques to close valuable deals, driving a significant increase in market share.
- A good up-to-date knowledge of the cross-domain market is essential.
- Sharp, self-starting, tenacious, strategic, client-centric and technically literate, with an entrepreneurial spirit and close focus on revenue optimisation.
- Formulating and executing government specific business development strategies including proposal development activities.
- A consultative approach to sales, ideally developed through a background encompassing both high-level account management and new business development.
- Experience of shaping client requirements, identifying suitable use cases and helping prospects develop internal business cases to secure funding.
- Willingness to travel and work anti-social hours.
It would be super useful if-
- You’ve got a proven track record of selling cyber security solutions (both products and services) into government clients, ideally for the EMEA region.
- You have a technical background (e.g. pre-sales, solutions architect, engineer), enabling you to understand our products at a highly detailed level.
And we are delighted to have team members who show the following qualities-
- You collaborate with team members and have excellent interpersonal skills
- You are adaptable, enjoy prospecting challenges and delivering results
- You are calm under pressure and maintain a diplomatic manner even when being challenged
- You can communicate well, both verbally and in writing
What we can offer you in return!
- Flexible working hours and regular working from home
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on employee minimum contribution)
- Personal annual training budget
- Perkbox discounts and freebies – free coffee, free cinema tickets, and lots more
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share option scheme
- Bike to work scheme and an interest-free season ticket loans
- Regular socials – games nights, open air cinema, quiz nights and company picnic are all recent!
- And free fruit, tea and coffee in our offices!