Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have tens of millions of visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant people we have hired. Right now, we're seeking an ambitious Strategy Manager to work directly with our CEO Doug Monro (ex Bain, eBay, Gumtree and Zoopla) across growth, strategy, planning and M&A projects internally and externally. This is an incredible opportunity to be in the room when the important stuff happens and while there will be some analytical, project management and ‘get stuff done’ tasks alongside the strategic stuff, you can be sure you will learn a ton.
You’ll be working alongside Doug, his co-founder Andrew, and key people like our CCO James (ex Google/Airbnb) and Head of Finance Martin. We’ll benefit from your strategy, finance, consulting or tech experience to date but even more important is the passion you bring to work every day. You will strive for excellence, be keen to learn and try new things, inspire and engage those around you and feel ownership of overall company success as well as pride in doing your bit.
What’s in it for you?
Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in the US in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year on year (and hiring!) despite COVID-19.
Like everyone here, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It’s an opportunity to work with a smart team led by experienced management and dedicated and passionate Founders. You have the chance to own your and the company’s growth in terms of:
- Running & improving our annual/quarterly/weekly goals and planning processes
- Identifying M&A targets and executing deals where relevant
- Identifying and getting involved in new business lines, strategic partnerships and growth initiatives
- Helping with strategy, financing/exit, Board communications and metrics
- Developing internal excellence around analytics, presentations etc
- Learning how to grow a scale-up, across commercial and product areas, with the potential to own a P&L or roadmap in the future
We want to realise the next level of success and you will utilise your own skills and experience across analytics, strategic thinking and project management to meet our goals.
It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for much of the below:
- Demonstrable experience (minimum of 3 years) working in an area like strategy consulting, corporate finance or a strategy function in a relevant industry (like tech, media, recruitment or consumer goods)
- Strong numerical/analytical skills
- Able to build complex excel models and create compelling powerpoint slides
- Strong work ethic, drive and passion to get things done, even with limited resources
- Entrepreneurial, practical attitude to solving problems or growing a business
- Good written and verbal communicator and able to establish strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Well organised, detail oriented and able to project manage and prioritise multiple projects; happy to get hands dirty and juggle!
- High level of integrity/discretion around confidential projects/deals
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Worked in a tech startup before
- Exposure to or an interest in any of: search engines, marketplaces, recruitment or online ad models; product management or tech; sales; online marketing
- Exposure to M&A or corporate finance processes
- Experience of dealing with legal documents like NDAs or contracts
- Pitching or negotiation skills
- An MBA from a well rated school
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options, a contributory pension scheme and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun ‘together’ thanks to our great Social Committee.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 16 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla. We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 16 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
Adzuna is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. We are proud to have created a culture where people are able to be themselves, an equal part of an amazing, diverse team, all sharing in this exciting journey. Everyone has the opportunity to develop their skills and grow. If you’re qualified for the role and excited about what you’ve heard, please consider joining us.