Senior Product Manager
At Accountancy Cloud we're building a better, faster, and more modern accounting service. As one of the Techstars companies. we're now looking for more teammates to join our growing team — that's where you come in!
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us continue to build the best possible customer-centric experience. Is that you?
What is Accountancy Cloud?
We're a technology company. We build beautiful finance software that automates all manual accounting workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on bookkeeping.
That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product that does all of this automatically.
Why now is a really exciting time to join
• UK accounting processes hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
• Every company needs to do their books, manage payroll, and manage their cashflow, but very few companies are happy with their current process
• We already see strong demand from companies all over the UK.
• You will help us drive better product decisions by bridging the gap between business goals and technical requirements, as well as guide the product team to operate efficiently and maintain a high output. We care about speed and execution, but also appreciate the importance of a stable and trusted service.
• You will be involved with three core aspects: research & planning, strategy & product execution, and collaboration & communication.
Research and Planning
• You’ll get a clear understanding of the problems you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers (whatever gets you to a good solution in the fastest way possible);
• You’ll turn problems into insights and work with our team of engineers and designers to execute and launch solutions;
Strategy and product execution
• You’ll be a co-owner of the roadmap, and keep refining it based on learnings to ensure the team is always working on what’s most valuable;
• You’ll scope tasks meticulously to enable the team to ship new features fast and smoothly;
• You’ll obsess about shipping cadence, but care deeply about quality. Finding the right balance will be your main focus;
Collaboration and communication
• You’ll collaborate with your team in thinking through our challenges, both short and long term;
• You’ll motivate and inspire the team to ensure they’re always delivering their best work;
• You’ll provide visibility to the wider organisation to ensure we’re all on the same page and aware what’s coming and when;
• You have extensive experience in similar role and have a proven track record of shipping quality software;
• You have a good understanding of basic internet technologies, APIs, database technologies, etc. and be familiar with Xero, Sage or/and Quickbooks;
• You are a tech enthusiast and always like to play around with new software. You are curious and enthusiastic about what makes good software;
• You have a pragmatic approach to product development; you understand why speed is important as a startup;
• You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them;
• You can adjust quickly to changing priorities and work with lots of questions and what-ifs.
Flexibility: You can manage your own time, there’s no clock-watching, it’s all about positive outcomes.
Culture: A super supportive team, psychological safety and a real desire to develop intrapreneurship within our staff.
Founders Programme: Massive development potential to be part of our ‘future founders programme’ was designed to invest in skills with plans and lots of support for your career to flourish.
Remote: This role can be fully remote, or in our future Cardiff office as long as collaboration, communication and outcomes are met - you control your destiny.
Rewards: All the usual suspects including 30 days holiday along with a company pension, a share incentive scheme, a medical plan, corporate discounts, socials and a fun ambitious team.
Your home office? In all seriousness, this role can be fully remote however we are setting up an office in Cardiff, so if you are located in South Wales, now is a great time to join us.