ABOUT THE ROLE
A unique opportunity for a self-starter with creative ideas working on digital, social and print campaigns. This role reports to the Art Director and is part of the Creative Team with the Marketing department..
To find out more about FutureLearn, take a look at our website at www.futurelearn.com
• Contribute to generating ideas, executing them and managing the design process end-to-end to create visually stimulating, on-brand campaigns for FutureLearn.
• Design of visually compelling assets such as infographics, banners and other promotional graphics required to promote FutureLearn across social media and other channels.
• Design of printed content such as leaflets, postcards or posters, as well as event material to bring the FutureLearn brand to new audiences.
• Conducting simple A-B testing of your designs and brand ideas, to learn about our audiences and to use these findings to inform creative.
• Design and presenting of keynote and PPT presentations to communicate creative ideas to others.
• Work closely with the creative team, marketing team, art director and other stakeholders, to understand project requirements and create forward-thinking creative that pushes boundaries.
• Share your work regularly, taking on feedback and adjusting designs as required – whilst always championing the FutureLearn brand!
• Track the success of creative assets on social and other channels. A basic knowledge of Google Analytics and content management systems would be a bonus, but is not essential.
This role is required to fulfil these competencies for designers:
Design Skills & Experience:
- You will be able to demonstrate a solid level of design skills, evidenced by prior relevant experience.
- Your work will show a strong visual flare, with a portfolio of fresh ideas, and a solid design aesthetic, whilst also demonstrating the ability to be creative within guidelines – always showing a keen attention to detail.
- You will have experience creating video and animated content for campaigns, using appropriate tools such as After Effects or Final Cut.
- You must also have demonstrable experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Previous line management experience of designers is ideal but not essential.
You will be aware of current design trends and techniques, and find ways to introduce and use them in your work when appropriate.
You will be a good communicator, with the ability to get your ideas across through a range of styles, tools or techniques as appropriate, whilst also accepting specific direction and being flexible to changes.
You will love what you do and be committed to making excellent work, showing motivation and energy to complete the tasks to the best of your ability, and developing your skills at every opportunity.
You will naturally work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, being flexible to changes and specific direction, whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 7 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners. FutureLearners live and breathe the company values and have a strong connection with our purpose,
We offer lots of flexibility, competitive benefits and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
Just submit a link to your outstanding portfolio and attach your CV along with an email explaining why you are interested in this position. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
This role will be fully remote whilst FutureLearn's office in Camden is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be full time.
Closing date for applications will be the 28th September
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.COVID-19
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.