We are a rapidly-progressing legaltech start-up looking to transform the legal sector by using machine learning to improve the efficiencies of large international law firms in a market of over £30bn.
We are seeking a self-starter to help us on that journey.
The platform reads tens of millions of data points linked to professional services data and transforms this unstructured data into powerful visualisations and insights that dramatically increase the existing revenue streams as well as the new business generation potential of its customer law firms.
The company has significant traction from a number of target customers.
The company has committed and unconditional funding with at least 18 months of runway.
You will report directly to the CEO who is a three-times serial entrepreneur who:
- Has successfully exited one business and still operates the remaining two profitably
- Has extensive industry contacts having sold products to 16 of the top 25 firms in the target list
- Has vast experience in the target vertical having “been” the target market and then been its customer before going on to successfully sell to it
- Has impeccable legal and financial qualifications from first tier institutions including a Masters Degree from Europe’s leading business school
About you/the role
We are a very early stage start up and this is an opportunity for the candidate to grow into a Co-Founder CTO with the attendant cash and equity compensation.
You will be a self-starter who wants to pioneer new technology in a “hot” vertical. You will need to “hit the ground running” and accordingly, will:
- be highly numerate with the ability to derive insights and visualisations from data
- work with large volumes of structured and unstructured data (including text), and be able to apply standard techniques for preprocessing, wrangling, and storage
- take the lead in applying standard NLP techniques for Information Extraction, Named Entity Recognition/Linking and the development of language-agnostic relationship extraction algorithms.
- work independently to design and implement robust solutions in a highly results-oriented professional environment
- visualise of all aspects of information extraction, text processing and text understanding, including design, architecture, algorithms, correctness, and performance
- design and implement solutions in other related areas of NLP
- Have excellent communication skills in English
We are looking for the following core technical skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial experience as a backend developer or data scientist
- Deep understanding of Python 3 and scientific stack (Jupyter, numpy, pandas, nltk/spacy, scikit-learn, tensorflow/pytorch)
- Experience of data visualisation using tools such as matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, d3.js or similar
- Understanding of database technologies (SQL/NoSQL) and their appropriate use cases
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Experience of building well-tested production-grade software
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Experience of knowledge graphs and ontologies
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience of deep learning applied to NLP, in particular named entity recognition and linking
- Experience with full-stack web application development
- Understanding of DevOps and data security
- A public portfolio
What you can expect
You will work in a friendly and international environment based in one of London's top tech hubs close to Silicon Roundabout.
You can expect a flat structure with direct access to decision makers both internally and at client firms. You will have a high degree of autonomy albeit in a fast-paced environment where you will be judged on your results.
You will need the right to work in the UK currently, but after an initial period visa sponsorship is available to the right candidate. Preference will be given to those that can start straight away.