WHO ARE YOURPARKINGSPACE?
At YourParkingSpace we‘re changing the way the world parks by building a digital parking network allowing parking to be booked in advance or on demand at the click of a button.
Featuring both privately owned and commercially operated parking spaces, with our industry-leading technology we deliver value to both sides of this exciting and rapidly evolving marketplace.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking person to make their mark within the development team. As a senior backend developer, you’ll be tasked with maintaining our exisitng platform and introducing new features and integrations on a daily basis.
The role is remote with infrequent visits to our York, UK office for full team meetings.
Joining the YourParkingSpace team is a real career game changer, it’s a unique experience to work for a fast-growing tech company in a role with unlimited potential for growth. Alongside a generous annual leave allowance and competitive salary, we also give you a work-free birthday, free gym membership and other fun perks.
- Working on multiple API first Laravel applications to introduce new features to our platform
- Adding tests and increasing our coverage to make sure we're as stable as possible
- Continuously deploying to our production environment via (GH Actions, Teamcity, AWS)
- Optionally working on other microservices in our stack (Go, Node, PHP)
THE RIGHT PERSON
- Experienced in (PHP) Laravel Framework
- Advanced knowledge of Restful concepts and APIs
- Experienced in designing and maintaining MySQL databases (and motivated to keep queries optimized)
- Comfortable in a Linux environment (we utilize Ubuntu based AMIs on AWS)
- Experienced with OAuth 2
- A passion for Test-driven code
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable in a small, fast-paced start-up environment
This role offered can be fulfiled in our York office or remotely (as long as you are in the UK)