WHO ARE YOURPARKINGSPACE?
At YourParkingSpace we‘re changing the way the world parks by building a digital parking network allowing parking to be booked in advance or on demand at the click of a button.
Featuring both privately owned and commercially operated parking spaces, with our industry-leading technology we deliver value to both sides of this exciting and rapidly evolving marketplace.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking person to make their mark within the development team. As head of development you'll be tasked with overseeing the technical decisions made by the development team (spanning over Laravel APIs, Vue frontends, native iOS/Android and flutter apps). Developers will report directly to you and seek guidance with advanced topics.
The role is remote with semi-frequent visits to our York, UK office for team meetings.
Joining the YourParkingSpace team is a real career game changer, it’s a unique experience to work for a fast-growing tech company in a role with unlimited potential for growth. Alongside a generous annual leave allowance and competitive salary, we also give you a work-free birthday, free gym membership and other fun perks.
- Leading a team of 9 developers
- Providing informed guidance to the team, even outside of your speciality
- See the bigger picture to provide insight to the team to help with architecture decisions
- Architect new features and improvements to the existing platform
THE RIGHT PERSON
- Ideally experienced with PHP and Laravel (this is the majority of our code)
- An understanding of our stack (PHP & Laravel, Node + Nuxt + Vue, Swift iOS, Kotlin Android, Flutter iOS/Android, AWS)
- Leader, not a manager
- Able to be a solid anchor point for the team in chaotic times
- Advanced knowledge of Restful concepts and APIs
- Experienced in designing and maintaining MySQL databases (and motivated to keep queries optimized)
- Comfortable in a Linux environment (we utilize Ubuntu based AMIs on AWS)
- Experienced with OAuth 2
- A passion for Test-driven code
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable in a small, fast-paced start-up environment
This role offered can be fulfiled in our York office or remotely (as long as you are in the UK)