Role: Full-stack Laravel Engineer
Company: Idea Drop
Location: Bermondsey, London
Idea Drop is a London-based scale-up helping organisations everywhere capture and action the best ideas from their people. We’ve raised £1.2m, are backed by a team of great investors and are now building a diverse and talented team to carry out our mission to deliver innovation with impact, everywhere. We already count large UK Police Forces, global retailers, top-tier law firms and Fortune 500 companies as clients but we’re just getting started.
What’s the opportunity?
Idea Drop is looking for a highly talented, product-oriented and commercially experienced full-stack developer to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goals.
We believe that building a great business is only possible by assembling a world-class team. While a lot will be asked of you, you’ll benefit greatly from working in a team with diverse skills, exceptional talent and with colleagues who excel.
Our relentless investment in R&D and product innovation is winning client trust, driving user retention and positioning us as a global leader in the innovation management space. But there’s lots more to do.
Technology is at the core of what we’re doing. From building amazing new features to improving our current ones, our goal is to provide the greatest experience possible across mobile and desktop. As a full-stack developer, you will be involved in product design and development and contribute to our core roadmap as well as bringing fresh ideas and creative approaches to the problems we're trying to solve.
What we expect from you
We strongly believe in creating and iterating, rather than analysing and planning for months. Our architecture and infrastructure will follow that approach, with small, fast, and regular updates.
You will be responsible for building beautiful, cutting-edge and high-performing solutions for Idea Drop.
You’ll take the lead on the lifecycle of our platform and be enthusiastic about producing high-quality code and learning new technologies.
You will be working directly with senior team members from both product and engineering. You will play a key part in identifying tactics, strategies and best practices to help us achieve our business goals.
- 5+ years of commercial experience.
- Extensive experience building REST APIs.
- Advanced PHP, Laravel and VueJS skills.
- MySQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch knowledge.
- Git and git-flow.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to work unsupervised and a sense of due diligence.
- An engineer’s attention to detail and a passion for writing clean, readable, properly tested code.
- Experience of building large, complex SPAs in a scalable and maintainable way.
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum/Kanban.
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Experience with various AWS services.
- ReactJS framework experience, willing to learn if no (or limited) experience.
- Process-driven and cares about the full product lifecycle best practices.
- Pair programming experience, who can collaborate in giving and receiving feedback within a shared code ownership team.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of information governance and security.
- Knowledge of Serverless architecture.
- Understanding BDD and DDD.
- Experience with Linux, Docker.
- Experience with JIRA and time tracking.
We believe in creating a happy, exciting working culture.
- Competitive salary, based on your skills and experience
- EMI share options
- Work from home scheme
- Conference budget
- Internal quarterly Hackathons
- Flexible working hours
- iMacs are our standard
- 25 days flexible holiday p/a + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme
- An opportunity for quick progression and development if you’re the right fit
- A chance to be at the beginning of building something big
- PureGym, cafe and Climbing Wall all 1-minute walk
Please send us:
- Your CV and links to anything you want to show us
- A short covering letter (500 words max) that tells us why you’re perfect for the role.
The process involves a short initial call with our Co-Founder and CTO, Mike Sirius, followed by an on-site interview. If successful, we’ll invite you in for a final half-day interview and working session, where you’ll have the opportunity to meet our other founders, senior team and get a flavour of who we are and how we work.