We're a disruptive new social fitness app with massive plans, with founders from global brands. We've had some amazing traction since our beta launch in June and some really exciting things lined up. Our vision is to be one of the biggest fitness apps in the world within 5 years, and we have the team to do it.
We have just secured seed investment and are looking for a full-time software engineer to drive the development of our app forward. The successful applicant will be driven, hard-working and excited to work for an ambitious start-up. The role is paid/ fixed for 6 months - if we hit our milestones by 6 months then it is extremely likely we will get further investment to extend the contract (indefinitely).
We have three part-time engineers who have developed our beta app. This hire will be our only full-time developer, and will work with the founding team (alongside our CTO and other part-time developers) to take our app to the next level in the next 6 months. The experience we are looking for is as follows:
- 3 - 4 years developing with microservices, RESTful APIs
- 3 - 4 years of using tools for code repository
- 3 - 4 years using the Agile scrum/Kanban for software delivery
- 3 - 4 years using MySQL or any other relational database
- Proficiency in creating technical design, readme, architecture documents
- Experience using CI/CD tools
- Experience using JIRA, AWS technologies
- Experience using deployment methodologies
- Experience using React Native is a plus but not a necessity
- Experience developing mobile apps is a plus but not a necessity
- Must be exclusive/ full-time and dedicated to GoJoe. No part-time
- You should have the independence to research and develop features using technologies identified with minimal supervision or technical direction.
- Equity considered for the right applicant, once proven
UK-based is preferred so that we can physically meet from time to time, albeit we would potentially consider outside of UK for the right applicant. We have office space in central London but due to COVID this role is 100% remote for the foreseeable future.