Software Engineer (frontend)
Glimpse Protocol is bringing technological innovation to consumer privacy. We create platforms that respect privacy and empower consumers in the ownership of their data.
Our current focus is privacy preserving digital ads - a needed fix for an industry built on questionable consumer data practices. To deliver this, we are building a cross functional team spanning software engineering, data science, data engineering, dev ops, blockchain, and programmatic advertising all wrapped within a performant distributed system.
Glimpse is backed by ConsenSys, Founders Factory, Guardian Media Group Ventures, Innovate UK, Nesta, and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
Glimpse’s three founders have previously worked closely together delivering exciting projects in the military, intelligence and cyber warfare domains. Our shared background is a real strength but we believe that Glimpse will become stronger with diversity - we’d love to hear from any traditionally underrepresented community.
We’re growing fast - come and help us build!
Our Website: https://www.glimpseprotocol.io/
Hear directly from our CTO here: https://youtu.be/Ey0T2eBdJuw
We are seeking a software engineer who is eager to learn, has experience to contribute, can mentor other engineers, and has the desire to help build a next generation data architecture and a better Internet.
You will work within modern engineering practices (think agile, domain driven design, functional programming, evergreen software, microservices, etc). This role requires a team player, with attention for detail, excellent problem-solving skills, an eagerness to learn, and willingness to contribute.
This role will lead the design and implementation of our systems visual interfaces. As such, candidates should be competent at designing user experiences (UX), pixel perfect screens (UI) and implementing them.
We are not looking for a candidate who knows every technology and process. Rather we are interested in candidates with strong fundamentals, the right aptitude and eagerness to learn.
A snapshot of our tech stack:
- Kotlin (microservices and Android)
- Arrow for functional programming in Kotlin
- The SMILE library and Tensorflow for data science in production
- Typescript / NodeJS / React / Redux / HTML / CSS / GraphQl
- Docker, Git, and Bash
- The Ethereum blockchain and Solidity; and
- Zero Knowledge Cryptography libraries (i.e., zkSNARK)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong fundamentals in user experience and interface design
- Frontend software engineering experience
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Attention to detail
- Ability and desire to learn
- Ability to mentor
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours, days, and location
- Continuous personal development opportunities
- Exposure to a variety of modern technologies and practices
- Support from an exciting community of startups and experts at Founders Factory