We’re looking to shake up the way things are done in insurance, and build a company for a new generation of customers. We want to help millions of young people plan for their financial future – starting with providing a safety net for their home lives.
Over three years of consistently doing the right thing, we’ve built the top rated home insurance provider in the UK and are growing incredibly quickly. To continue to do that, we need some amazing people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and want to throw their energy into building something great.
Now is an exciting time to join an InsurTech startup. It’s a high growth space, receiving a lot of attention, and by joining Urban Jungle now you will benefit from getting involved early in shaping the business.
About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity for an insurance professional with 3-4 years experience, who is looking to progress their career in the most innovative segment of the industry, working closely with and learning from our experienced Head of Insurance and the wider senior team
You will be responsible for:
- Managing relationships with our most important underwriting partners, for our core products
- Tracking and analysing the performance of our insurance products
- Managing supplier relationships in key areas like claims, to ensure our customers are receiving the very best service
- Owning internal and external risk reporting, including inputting into the Board and Senior team
- Keeping track of the competition, running regular research and analysis, including to support the development of new insurance products
- Generally rolling your sleeves up and getting involved wherever the business needs you
What we’re looking for from you:
- Interested in an analytical career within the innovative end of the insurance industry
- Excellent work ethic and a fast learner
- Has a can-do and self-improving mindset
- Wants to work in an innovative environment, with a high rate of change
- Is willing to pitch in to other areas of the business and help out wherever needed
- An easy-going person who gets on well with people from diverse backgrounds and points of view
You should apply if:
- You have 3 - 4 years of experience
- You have experience in the insurance industry in either underwriting, broking or actuarial
- You have an understanding of risk drivers in the insurance industry
- ACII or working towards
- Experience in UK Personal Lines
What you can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective (£40-45k depending on experience) but also with:
- An equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- A training budget to support whatever you need to do your job well
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
Logistics & Application:
The position will start partially remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Apply now by sending a CV and covering note.