We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic, analytical and creative leader to join the team to help shake up the way things are done in insurance and build a company for a new generation of customers. We want to help millions of young people plan for their financial future – starting with providing a safety net for their home lives.
Over three years of consistently doing the right thing, we’ve built the top rated home insurance provider in the UK and are growing incredibly quickly. To continue to do that, we need some amazing people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and want to throw their energy into building something great.
It’s an exciting time to join an InsurTech startup. It’s a high growth space, receiving a lot of attention, and by joining Urban Jungle now you will benefit from getting involved early in shaping the business.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Defining the high-level marketing strategy and then executing against it
- Having oversight across all of our marketing channels, both channels where we are already successful, and running trials in new channels
- Making sure we hit or exceed our growth and CPA targets
- Growing and leading the marketing team
- Selecting and managing relationships with agencies
- Setting and managing the marketing budget
- Work closely with Product and the rest of the business to make sure we take a joined-up approach.
We are looking for a smart and well-rounded candidate who is not afraid to work hard, get their hands dirty in the short term and build a world-class marketing function in the long term.
You should apply if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience across a broad range of marketing and growth disciplines.
- Have experience in direct to consumer marketing for a high growth online or multi-channel business.
- Are a numerically driven marketer, who also has a feel for brand marketing and creative.
- Know how to prioritise effectively, iterate rapidly and learn quickly.
- Have experience managing and developing people.
- Have worked with and managed marketing agencies.
- Are an enthusiastic problem solver, and comfortable dealing with new challenges in a rapidly changing environment.
- Are comfortable taking a high level view as well as diving into the detail where necessary.
- Are an easy-going person who gets on well with people from diverse backgrounds and points of view.
- No experience of insurance or financial services is required.
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Logistics & Application:
The position will start partially remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Send your CV with a covering note.