We are on the lookout for a Legal Executive!
We’re looking to add a Legal Executive to support our fast paced and growing business. You’ll be working with numerous stakeholders providing legal support, overseeing our risk and contract management and ensuring our compliance. You will deliver meaningful work that positively impacts DrDoctor, our teams, and the staff- and patient-users of our services.
You should be curious, passionate, able to execute ideas quickly and effectively and be excited by the space we are in. You prefer plain English over Legalese, and will report directly to one of our founders.
The type of person you are:
- Pragmatic, enjoys responsibility and has fun while working hard
- Diligent, detail oriented, evidence-driven decision maker, but not dogmatic or inflexible
- Comfortable with change, and pivoting quickly as needs and priorities change
- Excellent collaborative, facilitation, presentation and communication skills
Ideal for either an experienced candidate or a high-performer looking to take the next step in their career. May be suitable as a part time (80%) role for the right candidate, with child-friendly flexible hours and both remote and in-person working available.
What your day to day looks like:
- Drafting, negotiating and concluding commercial agreements
- Assist across general business legal matters relating to employment, procurement, privacy, etc.
- Provide practical legal advice to the management teams, liaising with specialists when needed
- Monitor and oversee our contract management across the company
- Ensure our compliance with regulations, focussed on safety and data privacy in healthcare.
- Educate our team members by providing training and ongoing support on contractual matters, including developing internal knowledge and training resources;
- Build our business processes and policies around contracting, compliance and risk management
OK, That’s me, but who are you?
DrDoctor is a fast-growing digital health company founded in 2012. Our technology improves appointment scheduling, increases clinic efficiency by reducing no-shows and fills empty slots. We save the NHS millions of pounds each year and are currently deployed across 22 major hospitals around the UK including Guy’s and St Thomas’ & Great Ormond Street. With over 7 million patients active on the platform already, we’re on a journey to deliver the tools to radically transform the delivery of health services to make healthcare work for everyone – for patients, doctors, administrative teams and tax payers.
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
- 2+ years PQE (England and Wales), current SRA registration, and ideally with strong experience both in-house and in private practice.
- Experience completing commercial transactions with enterprise and/or public sector customers
- Exposure to legal matters relating to SaaS / software licensing / IPR
- Working knowledge (specialist expertise not required) of privacy legislation (GDPR in particular)
We are perfect for each other, what are the next steps?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CV’s to go through. We will be in touch in a few days to let you know if we think we might be a match. Unfortunately, because we get so many CV’s we are not able to send an individual response if you aren't successful at this initial stage.
If it’s a match, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on a quick call. Its just an informal chat so you can relax! We will tell you more about the role, the team and why you should want to join us.
If we continue then we will invite you in to meet the team and founders.
We get there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans.
I can’t wait to get started, what are the perks?
An awesome team? Ok, you want more?
Benefits include: Flexible working (work where you are at you best and at times where you are your most productive), 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, discretionary bonus, Summer rooftop party, Christmas extravaganza, yearly ski trip, yoga on a Monday and lunch and beer every other Friday!
Salary competitive and dependent on experience.