Who are we?
We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing start-up that is looking to revolutionise the baby product market through our brand new subscription service. Our subscriptions give parents a truly unique and sustainable alternative to traditional ownership helping them access their essential baby product needs at a fixed monthly price. Whether it is a pram, car seat, crib, cot or any other essential baby product that is only needed for a short amount of time, our subscriptions allow the modern parent a flexible way to source the products that suit their changing lifestyle needs minus the hassle. Not only this, our unique model is all about sustainable consumption, reducing waste and increasing reuse, contributing to a better future for the newborns of today.
Founded by a dynamic pair of entrepreneurs, including a private equity senior executive, in our short-time on Earth we have successfully secured partnerships with some of the world's leading baby brands including Bugaboo, BabyBjörn, Snuz and Ergobaby and have proven out the concept of a subscription model as a viable alternative to traditional ownership for baby products.
What are we looking to do?
With our soft launch planned for November this year, we are looking to rapidly scale up the business and establish our position as the go-to brand for parents looking for flexible solutions for their baby needs. While we are starting small and focusing initially on London and the essential baby product vertical, we are thinking big and want to become the go to platform for every parents’ baby needs from equipment to toys to books and so much more.
In the next six months our focus is on our soft launch and successful completing a seed funding round to help the business scale.
Who are we looking for?
As we move into this exciting phase of our business and prepare for a seed fundraise, we are looking to bring on a Chief of Staff who will be the right hand to the Founders and will help us make things happen.
You will have a high level of intellectual curiosity, be extremely driven and ambitious, commercial, have a knack for making things happen and be a bit of a jack of all trades.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Have previous experience working in a start-up or similarly unstructured environment
- Be a keen problem solver that is able to think on their feet and come up with new and innovative ideas to help take Juno to the next level
- Have the ability to easily grasp abstract and new concepts and develop them into commercial ideas that will contribute towards achieving Juno’s vision
- Show a strong eagerness and a natural ability to take on responsibility and work with minimum supervision
- Be a great communicator and able to interact freely with a variety of stakeholders including customers, suppliers, developers, consultants and the Board
- Be ready to roll up their sleeves and get things done (that includes any mundane tasks that just need doing)!
- Have strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
We are looking for someone who has the propensity to develop quickly with the business on a path to a senior leadership role within the business. A strong understanding of digital marketing and growth hacking or previous experience in e-commerce / subscription business would be a bonus but is not required.
What would your first six months look like?
In your first six months you will have played an instrumental role in:
- Successfully executing the Juno soft launch and playing an instrumental role in scaling up the business
- Implementing new operational processes to enable the business to scale up
- Defining and executing an award-winning customer service strategy
- Identifying and securing new commercial opportunities to enable Juno to grow its revenue and market share
- Building the Juno brand awareness
- Building a first class team for Juno
- Successfully completing our seed fundraising round
How will you be rewarded?
Given we are currently in a pre-seed stage of financing the salary potential in the short-term is limited but as our first employee the long-term reward potential is huge.
The starting remuneration we envisage will be in the £12-18k range plus the opportunity for an option award equivalent to 1-2% of equity (pre-money) in the business (to be granted subject to the successful completion of our seed funding round).
Your starting remuneration will be reviewed and re-based following the successful completion of our seed funding round. In addition, we will look to introduce a range of perks that make Juno a great company to work for!
If this is the next challenge you have been looking for and you think you can make a real impact in the success of Juno, we would love to hear from you.