Product Manager (Discovery)
We are the UK’s leading FilmTech startup, backed by world class early-stage investors and based in Shoreditch. We are focused on delivering great user value to productions, casting agents, artists and crew. We are removing the headache of friction filled on and offset processes, using our platform. A dynamic, creative industry - you could be part of the fabric of how Hollywood productions get made.
Following an acquisition by Entertainment Partners in February 2020, POP is now driving into the next stage of growth. We have already got 50% of the UK casting market and have our sights set on expanding that and our production and crew offering exponentially, as we make a big mark on the US this year. POP’s credits already include box office’s blockbusters such as; Spectre, Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens, Wonder Woman and Darkest Hour.
About the role
We are seeking a Product Expert who has deep experience in Discovery - exploring, defining, iterating, building, monetising, launching and optimizing new propositions.
Having achieved success in the execution of our extras community and agent platform, as well as our production company platform build, we want to provide quality, credible crew in the UK, Europe and the US with the capability to take control of their careers.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
- Someone with experience of building product, communities or marketplace from the ground up
- Someone who ruthlessly prioritises and enables the maximum output from limited resources
- Someone who thinks about the big picture, as well as the small details
- Someone with demonstrable experience working closely with users - cutting through the noise and triangulating to a loveable, viable and feasible solution that we can bring to market
What you’ll be doing
Defining the value proposition
- Define the value proposition(s); lead the iteration and delivery of how key value proposition(s) are delivered and iterated within our key markets.
- Using metrics from the initial market signalling to iterate the value proposition, sales channels, messaging, buyer personas and pricing.
- Leverage Beta programs to validate, test, learn and iterate GTM messaging, until a playbook can be found, executed and scaled - across key territories
- Research and analysis; make the most of our close customer and partner relationship to conduct a combination of research and analysis activities to determine needle-moving ideas.
- Working within viability, feasibility and desirability limitations, craft MVP’s that race to product market fit, and using an impressive tool box of prototyping experience to define and test value proposition hypotheses
- A tuned, analytical and proven ear to customer, market and partner feedback - and the ability to infer insight from analysis, to iterate the nuances in the product, positioning and packaging to drive deeper market buy-in.
- Help to build product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point, ensuring clear differentiation on our positioning from competitor propositions. Research user needs, user context, and catalysts for change/ buzz topics within the industry that we can position our launches with in terms of meeting an urgent need.
- Working with the operational and technical team to execute validate MVP’s in a lean, iterative way - including backlog and roadmap mgmt, specification work, validation of prototypes and sprint planning.
Monetization, Growth, TAM and Acquisition Modelling
- Identify, set up and analyse CAC, churn and other key performance metrics to iterate messaging, model and GTM strategy
Monetization and Pricing strategy
- Develop and optimise a strategy for increasing ACV for an annual Subscription SaaS product.
- Explore and develop new monetization opportunities
- Supporting, creating and delivering training for marketing, customer success, support and any sales. Work with customer success and operations to deliver, optimize and scale service delivery
Execution and build
- Working with developers to build and iterate an MVP - and iterating optimising based on validated market feedback to find product-market fit, fast
- Experience in Value Proposition Discovery and Delivery
- Experience designing & executing user research activities
- Experience modelling, validating and iterating different commercial models
- The ability to pivot - and not get too wedded to your own ideas - to take advantage of opportunities in the emergent data and research
- The ability to be concise and distilling user and market data inputs into succinct insights
- Be able to move fast, and embed tight feedback loops into your process
- Work autonomously and independently - driving forward whilst communicating progress to stakeholders
Nice to have
- Subscription and SaaS experience
- Experience of launching propositions in multiple territories (UK and US preferred)
- Experience building communities and networks
What you will receive
- A fun, friendly and supportive working environment with an established and creative team who are truly unique and invested in our vision
- Competitive salary, flexible working hours and 24 days holiday
- Fabulous offices based in Shoreditch and Dress down everyday
- Perkbox benefits (healthcare, discounts etc after successful passing of probation)