Who are we?
We are a fully funded technology startup in the wine sector, based in Wokingham, that is making an impact on how people choose wine. Our mobile app for Android and iOS helps people understand their taste preferences, recommending tailored wines from supermarkets and restaurants nearby.
Our mission is to help everybody choosing the right wine, no matter what their background or wine knowledge is. With more than 30K downloads since launch, we’re at an incredibly exciting phase of growth with great write-ups in all the key newspapers.
We are currently looking for a creative and data-driven Digital Marketing Manager who is a specialist in app User Activation and Retention to help us continue our growth.
The ideal Digital Marketing Manager at Pingza is an entrepreneurial and creative digital whiz with a “get-things-done” attitude, with at least 2 years of experience with mobile apps and a proven track record on user activation and retention.
You'll be an expert on user engagement and retention, app referrals and loyalty schemes, as well as familiar with user acquisition. You’ll also have a very important role to play in scaling up Pingza’s marketing efforts across all paid, digital channels and PR.
In summary, you’ll be…
- Devising and implementing strategies, as well as running multivariate in-app tests to improve D1 and W1 user retention, and user activation
- Analyse user activity within the app, and use tactics (funnels, value proposition) to increase engagement and improve CLV
- Own user acquisition (PPC, Paid Social, Apple Search), remarketing, and performance analytics including regular reporting to key stakeholders.
- Implement digital marketing campaigns with an implement, test, and measure mindset
- Test and implement communication funnels and marketing automation
- Build and run A/B tests across landing pages, adsets and marketing strategies
- Updating the marketing plan in conjunction with the managing director
- Day-to-day project management across social platforms and other digital marketing channels
- Supporting our Data and Development Manager with app development and new functionalities
- Joint - managing a full-time Marketing Assistant, a part-time designer and a part-time Hubspot web developer
- Using software to track responses (adjust.io) and trigger marketing comms (Zapier, Plot projects)
- Other more admin focussed stuff as and when required
Given the nature of a start-up you’ll be expected to dip in and out of other areas of the business as and when it’s required.
- Salary of 27-31K
- Flexible working considered (1-2 days per week from home)
- Equity considered for the right candidate
- 3-4 working from our beautiful office in Wokingham, Berkshire, with fully equipped kitchen, free parking, and supermarkets nearby
- Limitless growth potential as the business grows
- 2-3 years’ experience with User Retention and Activation in the app realm (only applicants who meet if you don’t meet this requirement)
- Strong analytical skills for modelling performance and opportunity with large sets of data. Experience with AppsFlyer/Adjust, Google Analytics, AppTweak and other App marketing tools required.
- 1-2 year experience in App Acquisition, more specifically with Facebook Ads Manager, Google UAC/Ads and Apple Search Ads
- 1-2 years’ experience with Hubspot/Wordpress similar
- 1-2 year of management experience
- Project management skills and strong organisation skills
- Experience with Firebase database is a plus
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Copywriting skills, preferred, but not essential
- Good eye for design, ability to create mockups with Photoshop, preferred, but not essential
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- From an early stage/hyper-growth app background strongly preferred
- Bonus points: wine sector is highly appreciated!
We’re really excited about this and we will surround ourselves with like-minded people. There will be lots of challenges along the way but we know the right person will embrace them and enjoy the ride!
Pingza, it’s a wine thing
***Please send your CV (including a brief line with your relevant app marketing experience in the same document). Applications without these two items won't be considered***