Lead DevOps Engineer
As the lead DevOps engineer at Radix, you will define “the Radix way” of doing things. How secrets are kept and accessed. What the release process for business applications looks like. And above all, how to automatically provision, selectively break, and tear down test environments of various configurations. You will meddle with dark powers best left untouched, learn more about distributed systems than you dreamed was possible, and work with an inspiring team of incredible people. You will make your mother proud, even if you’re never quite able to properly explain to her what it is you built.
You will begin in familiar territory, establishing automated processes for provisioning some simple containers. Then you’ll move on to clustered environments, working your way up to on-demand deployments of globally distributed networks. This is where the fun really starts, because next you’ll delve into the world of chaos engineering. Together with another DevOps engineer and our test team, you will set gremlins loose in running environments and come up with mechanisms to report back on how they performed.
Along the way you will establish security practices, in the form of behavioral guidelines as well as automated systems for securely storing and accessing secret information. In addition to the Radix distributed ledger which is our primary focus, we are creating a handful of ancillary, more traditional business applications; you will also come up with a coherent strategy for continuous integration, deployment, and release management for those projects.
- You have deployed and maintained production systems on virtual infrastructure, and you possess a healthy collection of war stories from past disasters.
- You have a wealth of knowledge about Docker which you never get to use at parties.
- You’re handy with an assortment of scripting languages, and you’re conversant with Java.
- You have a deep-seated need to automate things. The idea of doing a repeatable process manually is abhorrent to you.
- You are creative, and like to learn by doing. You’re comfortable venturing into uncharted territory where mortals fear to tread.
We labor in the service of our great master, Cerberus. Cerberus is the first model of consensus that delivers high throughput while solving the central need of decentralised finance—atomic composability. We call him “Cerby” for short.
Though geographically diverse, we are an exceptionally close-knit team. We count on each other, and we take comfort in knowing the team is always there to step in and take up the load when we run into tough problems. Three times a year we all fly to an exotic destination for a week of planning, hacking, and festivities (except when driven underground by the covid beast). The anticipation leading up to these “Radix summits” is the adult version of looking forward to your favorite holiday.
Decentralised finance and Ethereum are groaning under the stress of too many users pounding square-peg needs into a round-hole platform. We went back to first principles to come up with the right solution, and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like, together with the business case that assures adoption, and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now. Join us! For more about working at Radix DLT, visit www.radixdlt.com/jobs
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps or similar role.
- 2+ years experience managing at least one direct report.
- Expert level knowledge of Docker.
- Strong familiarity with Kubernetes or other container orchestration tools.
- Comfortable with at least one infrastructure-as-code tool, such as Terraform, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Past experience setting up and running Travis, Jenkins, or other continuous integration software.
Things That Will Really Help You Stand Out
- Working knowledge of distributed ledger systems.
- Proven history of managing clustered environments.
- Strong opinions on cryptographic key management strategies.
- Experience with chaos engineering.
Please send a copy of your resume, and anything else you would like us to know