As the consensus architect for Radix, you will lead the charge on transmogrifying theoretical consensus models into bulletproof implementations. You will take the reins on a white-knuckle ride through the marvelous new world of decentralized finance. Your brain will bend in ways it wasn’t meant to be bent, you will form lifelong bonds with a team of incredible people, and you will forever remember the journey.
You will first come up to speed by aiding in the delivery of an unsharded public network which functions according to well-known, documented concepts. Building upon this knowledge, you will venture into new territory, solving the challenges of bringing Cerberus, our model of sharded consensus, to life. From this point forward you will be making new ground right at the cutting edge of public ledger systems.
- You’re a confident coder who maintains a healthy set of academic chops. You aren’t intimidated by whitepapers or pages full of italics and Greek letters.
- You have built things which went into production, and understand the necessity of practicality over elegance.
- You welcome healthy debate. When your ideas are challenged, your first reaction is not to get defensive, but to consider and analyze.
- You’re intelligent and learn quickly. This is a rapidly evolving branch of computer science, and we don’t expect you to come in the door already a master of consensus theory.
We labor in the service of our great master, Cerberus. Cerberus is the first model of consensus that delivers high throughput while solving the central need of decentralized finance—atomic composability. We call him “Cerby” for short.
Though geographically diverse, we are an exceptionally close-knit team. We count on each other, and we take comfort in knowing the team is always there to step in and take up the load when we run into tough problems. A few times a year we all fly to an exotic destination for a week of planning, hacking, and festivities (except when driven underground by the covid beast). The anticipation leading up to these “Radix summits” is the adult version of looking forward to your favorite holiday.
Decentralized finance and Ethereum are groaning under the stress of too many users pounding square-peg needs into a round-hole platform. We went back to first principles to come up with the right solution, and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like, together with the business case that assures adoption, and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now. Join us! For more about working at Radix DLT, visit www.radixdlt.com/jobs
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Masters level degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in design and implementation of consensus systems / distributed ledger technologies.
- 5+ years experience in software design and architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of Java and associated tooling.
- Proven technical leadership skills for scrum-size (5-8) person teams.
- Proven teamwork skills.
Please send a copy of your resume, and anything else you would like us to know.