# Who we are
Vauban is on a mission to bring great user experience to investment services! We do this by launching and administering funds on behalf of some of the most exciting Private Equity, Venture Capital, Hedge Fund, Crypto and even Arts & Wine Fund Managers in the world.
We are very proud to have set up over 100 Wealth Containers, and supported fund managers in raising over $200M in capital. But we are not stopping there - our ambitious plans include doubling our headcount in a year and expanding to $1bn in assets under management by 2021!
When hiring the next generation of Vaubaners, we believe strongly in meritocracy above all else. This means that we apply fair and structured hiring practices to ensure that the most talented candidates join our ranks.
Therefore, by joining us, you will be part of an exceptional team at a booming early-stage venture. Every team member directly contributes to our vision of becoming the next financial technology layer for alternative investments, and you will be no different!
# Who you are
We are looking for a proactive and eager person to help with AML / Customer Due Diligence for an initial 6 month fixed contract. You will have good practical knowledge of KYC procedures and are keen to develop yourself as a financial crime professional. You are hard-working, proactive and enjoy being challenged by complex issues. You enjoy contributing to team goals but also have fresh perspectives and are happy to put them forward. The world of finance is of interest to you and you ask questions when you don’t understand something.
Your mission will be to support the compliance officer in the development of effective AML internal controls and a robust forward-thinking AML program that improves the client experience with no compromise to its integrity.
# What you’ll be doing:
Your day to day tasks will include the following:
- Efficient handling and completion KYC reviews, including other related initiatives such as FATCA, CRS.
- Clear articulation of the requirements for KYC to the business units across the organisation.
- Ability to manage workload in an efficient manner and a good culture of managing deadlines.
- Perform Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) as part of the AML program including conducting research, analysis, reviews and periodic re-verification of client files.
- Support the end to end KYC process and periodic reviews of client and investors, ensuring KYC requirements are met and are kept up to date.
- Perform background checks, sanctions and adverse media searches as well as PEP screening.
- Research and validate customer identification data/evidence using appropriate internal and external data sources.
- Escalate complex and high risk cases to the MLRO for review.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping and electronic filing.
- Perform analysis on potentially suspicious findings or transactions.
- Participate in projects and routine tasks like transaction monitoring, product enhancement and preparing reports.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as Sales and Technology to enhance compliance tools and workflows for KYC.
# You will definitely need:
- At least 6 months of experience in KYC
- Some familiarity with Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance
- A thirst for knowledge and following all that is new in the alternative investment space
- Self-starter, hardworking and happy to work in a dynamic work environment
- The team-player-gene - we succeed as a team!
- Attention to detail
# Bonus points:
- Worked in the Fund Admin space
- Some knowledge of FATCA/CRS
# What we can offer you:
- Central London office in WeWork
- Regular Dinners and even Gaming nights!
- Competitive Salary
This role would really fit someone with direct experience in a Fund Administration firm, but we embrace diversity in talent and background, so feel free to apply even if you feel like you don’t fully match the description above.