Who we are
We are reinventing personal communication for the digital era.
TouchNote is a creative platform that lets people send custom-made cards, straight from their phone to those they love anywhere in the world. Our award winning, easy to use app has helped people nurture their most meaningful relationships over 15 million times.
We are a team of passionate and creative individuals trying to make a difference. We’re proud to offer a highly collaborative, solution-focused environment that celebrates diversity and has been listed in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 and The Financial Times Future 100 UK.
We are looking to bring in a Director of Product Engineering to oversee our growing Engineering, Product, Design and Testing teams. As part of the Senior Management team, you’ll provide leadership and direction, whilst also being hands on across a wide variety of product initiatives, ensuring TouchNotes services run smoothly and have capacity for future growth.
- Track record of building and developing high-performing teams
- Extensive experience in providing strong technical leadership and direction for Engineers
- Worked in fast-paced, product-centric start-up or scale-up environment
- Brings best-in-class agile product delivery mindset, combining product, design, engineering, analytics and testing
- Strong experience in cloud-based architecture, infrastructure, DevOps and experienced in both front-end and back-end engineering projects
- Significant experience in working with product managers to develop product strategy and direction, as well as effective delivery
- Experienced in task planning, technical design and code review
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot / diagnose complex issues.
Nice to haves:
- Comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders in diagnosing issues, prioritising work, managing expectations and working on feature roll-out plans
- Ideally worked as part of a management team in the past and can contribute to the commercial, strategic and people plans
- Experience in B2C, app-first, subscription or member-based industries are a significant advantage
- Choice of wellbeing benefits which include Private Medical Insurance and/or a gym membership
- Learning and Development budget
- A membership with Perkbox which gives employees access to plentiful discounts such as half-price cinema tickets at major cinemas including Odeon and Vue, and many more
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free TouchNote credits to use our product