About the role:
- Level: Senior
- Start date: ASAP
- Fixed Term/Contract: 4-5 months
- Location: Remote
A fast-growing start-up revolutionising the Design Industry, a market worth over $700bn annually. eporta is an online tool where architects, interior designers and other businesses can discover high-design furniture, lighting and accessories and purchase directly from suppliers.
We have users in over 80 countries, so our business is already truly global. We have a number of high profile investors including a large US venture capital fund, Guy Hands (founder of Terra Firma) and the founders of Zoopla, Betfair, sofa.com and Achica.
Our support team is made up of a Finance Director, remote Accountant and Senior Analyst - who you will be covering for during maternity leave. Between us we run all essential ‘Business Services’ to support the business. Business Intelligence is a major service of our offering and keenly demanded across the rest of the business.
An experienced and enthusiastic Senior BI individual with experience working in both Data Engineer and Analyst capacities. You’re comfortable working independently and will take on any task big or small, you’re also very organised.
You love automating processes, bringing systems & people closer together and have ‘hawkeye-like’ attention to detail.
You are eager to continue learning new things big or small, and are:
- Self-motivated and passionate about building what’s right for the Team and Company
- Willing to take ownership of systems and processes - and contribute to making them superb
- Confident questioning and constructively critiquing the status-quo
- Keen to widen your skill set by taking ownership; organised and detail oriented.
This is a great opportunity to help deliver on a progressive BI strategy. Reporting to the FD, you will be the driving force in delivering the next phase in our strategy - automation and insights.
- Manage the complete Information System ecosystem outside of the eporta platform including Salesforce, Hubspot, Redshift and Heap.
- Work with Commercial teams to help them access data and get actionable insights.
- Work with the Engineering team to understand and bring new feature data in.
- Manage day-to-day data queries across the business.
- Assist Finance with Accounts Payable management.
Your skills and experience:
- Broad working knowledge of SQL (Redshift to be precise).
- Automation & ETL - Utilised tools like Tray.io and Stitch, or developed your own (i.e. w/ Python)
- CRM Management, ideally Salesforce (i.e. Fields, Workflows & Apex)
- Dashboarding - Redash or similar SQL runner tool.
- Advanced Spreadsheet Skills (Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel)