As Product Designer you will be part of a dynamically shaped modern design team. As a product designer, you will develop and deliver the skills required to conceptualise, create and take products to market. With services that delight our users and help us deliver our mission to change the future of healthcare. You will work alongside a team of multi-skilled Product Designers and work collaboratively in combination to deliver the company’s design output.
You may currently specialise in one or more of these areas but be keen to develop to deliver on the totality of the role and ready to contribute in your strongest areas on day one.
- Conceptualising great digital products across different platforms (iOS, Android, Web) from ideas, to validation, to pixel perfect designs
- Be responsible for defining user flows, wireframes, prototypes, testing and delivering high fidelity designs
- Defining the brand of our products and how we communicate that through design thinking
- Driving the user research process to understand the users needs, together with the product and research team.
- Cooperating with front end development to create neat interactions and state of the art responsive websites and native apps
- Defining the design foundation for our product and ensure a consistent user experience across all channels
- Collaborating with other members of squads to ensure that our design outputs deliver on our key brand and business objectives
- Helping to define design objectives and working in combination with other Product Designers to combine skill-sets and ensure the best outcomes
- Being able to visually present and communicate an idea or concept to the team or wider business
- Helping mentor and guide other members of the team on your experience and knowledge
- Contributing to the culture of the design team by writing articles, attending events and discussions, in order to spread design thinking within Push Doctor and in the wider design community
Skills and Experience
We want to build a team of rounded, modern product designers, helping individuals to develop over time. You may not have experience in all these areas on day one but we will require the key building blocks of the role already, and you must have a passion for the Product Designer role and be willing to work hard to develop any skills that may currently be missing.
- A diverse portfolio that includes design thinking, UX processes and UI design work
- The ability to see how design detail and interaction fits into a wider customer experience and shape outputs on this basis
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Invision, Principle, Framer, Protopie)
- Analytical mindset, artistic problem-solving approach, conceptual thinker
- The ability to empathise with users and and takes user insights to the heart of all design decisions
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and other stakeholders
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Team player who appreciates the work in a multicultural team with people of various backgrounds
- You enjoy having fun with your work
Character and approach
- Highly collaborative - this fast paced environment will require strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work hand in hand with teams and functions right across the business.
- Drive for improvement - this role will require a self motivated individual who can bring a constant energy to the brief and to teams in order to make our ambitious goals a reality.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - we are in the process of shaping the future in a context that is constantly evolving. The successful individual will need to be someone that deals well with the unexpected and will actively enjoy helping to work out the right direction.
- Comfortable under pressure - a results driven individual who thrives when the heat is on.
Push Doctor are working in partnership with NHS practices across the country to provide video appointments with NHS GPs to patients. Our partnership approach empowers patients and the NHS to leverage the benefits of our digital solution and our technology fully integrates with NHS clinical systems to ensure a continuity of patient safety and care. Patients do not need to de-register from their practice and will remain with their trusted family GP.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.
Benefits & Additional information
- Competitive Salary
- In house gym
- Ping Pong table
- Free snacks / food / drinks / fruit in the office
- Flexible working hours
- Working from Home Policy
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- EAP helpline
- Meditation app - Headspace