We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Principal Investigator of Causality and Blue Sky Research based in London to join the team on our vision to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an exciting role for a smart, creative person with a strong technical background to guide our academic research efforts in Causality and Blue Sky Research. Your work will include:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership and drive the academic research agenda
- Design and conduct research with the goal of disseminating outcomes in peer-reviewed literature
- Lead and manage a team of research data scientists
- Contribute to the writing of academic papers, patents and grants
- Present research findings to customers and/or the general public
- PhD in a quantitative field (machine learning / computer science / statistics / physics / mathematics, or comparable)
- A minimum of 2 years of academic and/or industrial research experience post-PhD
- Strong machine learning publication record in high-impact research journals and conference proceedings
- Ability to demonstrate independent research ideas
- Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
- High integrity and drive
- Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to turn ideas into code
- Experience leading a research team with a broad agenda is a plus
- History of winning grants and building research consortiums is a plus
- Established collaborator network is a plus
causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true AI. Its enterprise platform is used to transform leading businesses in Finance, IoT, Energy, Telecommunications and others.
Current machine learning approaches, including AutoML solutions, have severe limitations when applied to real world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. For instance, in the case of predictions, they severely overfit and do not adapt when the environment changes. causaLens’ Causal AI Platform goes beyond predictions, providing transparent causal insights and suggesting actions that directly improve business KPIs.
causaLens is run by scientists and engineers, the majority holding a PhD in a quantitative field. Contact us on info@causaLens.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of a couple of interviews and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.