About the role:
You will be working directly with the founders. This is an early-stage startup environment which requires a sharp and self-motivated individual who can learn quickly and is not afraid to take the lead. You’ll be working fairly independently for a couple of hours in a day to meet your deliverables and there will be regular catch-ups to keep on top of things. We are looking for highly ambitious, entrepreneurial graduates and those at the start of their careers, to play a key part in the development of the business into a household name. In return, you will have the full experience of working in a startup and build the skills needed to succeed in this environment.
Generally, you will be expected to:
- Communicate constantly: you have the ability to connect instantly with people, build rapport and trust. You will be talking daily to prospective leads and are comfortable on Skype, phone calls and email.
- Be inquisitive: you ask constructive questions and quickly build an understanding of a client’s situation.
- Multitask: you are organised and can handle multiple relationships, enquiries, and ensure all gets done on time and to a high standard.
- Handle difficult situations: if there are any inevitable difficult situations, you will need to handle these with care and understanding.
- Be an achiever: you have a history of working hard and getting results.
- Grow: you are someone who grows with experience and sets themselves high expectations.
- Be a team player: you work seamlessly as part of the team, or on your own.
- Have been successful in client-facing or customer serving roles within service or professional environments.
- Have an entrepreneurial experience, or are hungry to innovate and grow in a start-up environment.
- Have a desire to make an impact, seize the opportunity, learn quickly and grow with the business.
Specifically, you will be expected to
- Generate leads, through inbound and outbound research, cold-call prospective clients, following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings, engaging and helping to close leads.
- Become a GHM expert and learn the platform/ marketplace and services offered and evangelize it in the small food and catering business.
- Nurture and manage leads until they are on-boarded and set up.
- Execute client registration and onboarding, build excellent relationships with, and support our community of clients and customers.
- Evaluate/ iterate the outbound sales approach, test new strategies, and continually look for ways to improve.
- Contribute to developing our marketing strategy based on observations and customer feedback.
What you will need:
- Proficiency in English is mandatory.
- Previous experience in sales and business development will be a huge plus.
- MS Office skills are highly preferred.
- Social media savviness and a passion for food and nutrition.
What you will receive:
- Commission-based only at £10 per onboarded customer. This role is fully voluntary and does not provide a salary.
- Great opportunity for career and personal development with a suitable reference at the end of your internship.
- We’re not pedantic on the number of hours worked. We honour work-life balance and prefer individuals who are efficient, can manage their own time, and deliver consistently.
- Exposure to the frontline of a new startup with hands-on experience with all areas of sales and business development activities
To apply, please send us your CV, as well as a short covering letter explaining why you would like to apply for the role, and what skills you have that make you an ideal candidate!
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.