- Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
- Fully remote role, open to UK residents
- Competitive Salary
- No recruiters right now thanks.
We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry, starting in London. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across London. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails developer to join the team and help us disrupt the construction rental industry. 2 years into building our platform, we are now poised to aggressively grow in 2021. Not only will we continue to build our core platform and develop key integrations with third party services, but also take our tech stack to the next level, moving towards a combination of Ruby APIs, React JS, GraphQL and a ReactNative / Firebase native mobile app.
You would be working alongside the CTO, Product Lead and CEO to develop the web and mobile digital platforms for the company. We all have proven experience developing successful startups and are looking forward to adding your experience and ideas to the mix. It’s an exciting time for the company as we still have a small team. You will get a say in decisions with a key role, joining at the early stages of scaling the team.
This role is targeted as a senior level role. However you feel you are more mid-level, please still get in touch.
- Several years commercial experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Pro at Git & love working in an agile way.
- Test focused - you actually want to have good test coverage and want to test first where possible. You think analytically and responsibly about what it means to have quality code.
- Currently based in the UK & have a permit to work.
- Excited to collaborate & support each other remotely. (We have hotdesking options if 100% remote is not your ideal)
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of chaos.
- Team player and fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out
- Experience with Postgres / ActiveAdmin / Heroku / Docker
- Experience / Interested in React JS, React Native, GraphQL, Redis.
Formerly solely London based, the team is now fully remote. For team members who want an office for some of the week, we have access to the Desana.io network of pay-as-you-go workspaces.
The interview process will also be held remotely.
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a small, but growing team dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role!