About the Company
Shavekit, founded in 2013, is a lean and growing ecommerce & subscription company, 10,000s of (mostly) men rely on Shavekit to deliver their bathroom essentials every month. We're a smallish team, with an office in the UK and our own warehouse in Surrey. The team is mostly distributed though, across the UK and the world, but with a strong teamworking culture and lots of communication. Team members have a good amount of freedom, but also get stuff done!
About the Role
We’re looking for an independent and ambitious fullstack developer who wants to make a big impact with the ongoing development of an extensive software platform as part of a remote team. As a developer at Shavekit, you will be responsible for building and maintaining both customer facing and internal web based software applications including CRM, warehouse management, business reporting, customer login areas, external APIs and more. Specifically, you will:
- Write well-tested code in a modern technology stack
- Participate in meetings, code reviews and retrospectives with our team
- Work closely with our CTO to make architecture and design decisions
- Help make sure everything runs smoothly & safely in production
- Set down standards around development, code review and deployment
Our tech stack
- Docker, Apache, PHP7, MySQL, Symfony, Angularjs, bootstrap
Things we love
- CircleCI, Deploybot, Containerisation, Continuous delivery, PHP7, sass, git
What you bring to the role
- You have at least 3 years of full stack experience, building PHP applications preferably working with Symphony, and front end development using a JS framework such as Angular
- You are passionate about code quality and development as an iterative process.
- You’re confident writing automated tests, and you get excited by little green dots.
- You are a strong communicator and can clearly explain the tasks and tradeoffs for new features.
- You care about performance of your code.
- You care about the feature as a whole, not just the implementation, and can make smaller decisions on your own when required.
- You are able to self motivate, self discipline and manage your time effectively.
Working at Shavekit
At Shavekit, we:
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback with the rest of the team
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.