We are GetAgent. A disruptor in the property tech space and we are looking for a Technical SEO Lead who is motivated by growth and working within a dynamic startup.
GetAgent, the UK’s leading estate agency comparison site and proud partners of Which?
Through transparency and data, our aim is to provide a straightforward and pain-free solution to the most stressful process a homeowner can undergo, selling their property.
We ingest millions of property listings each year to create an objective measure of estate agent performance. Using our unique data, home sellers sell quicker and for more money. And we’re on a mission to make moving home even easier through the roll-out of our Home Moving Platform.
What you’ll do
As the Technical SEO Lead, you will be responsible for the technical and content SEO for GetAgent. Working with the engineering and marketing teams to improve search engine handling of our site.
In this role, you will be a key part of strategic website updates and initiatives, partnering with teams to evolve the site while maintaining SEO best practices. By devising and running experiments onsite to improve conversion and performance metrics, you will improve users’ experience and drive business results.
Collaboration, prioritization, and analytic thinking are keys to success for this position.
- Play an integral role in planning strategic website updates by participating in the planning, analyzing, measuring and reporting on global initiatives such as page template creation, navigation/IA changes, UX/UI changes, A/b testing, and other technical enhancements
- Work on projects to improve search engine crawlability and indexation
- Conduct SEO crawl and log file analysis that are then reviewed, prioritized, and sprinted
- Partner with technology organization to create SEO best practices and processes that ensure website changes either neutrally or positively impact organic search performance
- Lead research and insights for SEO industry trends, voice searches, algorithm updates, AMP, and schema
- Develop strategies to implement page-level recommendations at scale across the GetAgent website
What we need from you:
- Proven experience at successfully managing and implementing technical SEO initiatives for complex site structures
- Comprehensive knowledge of organic search and how SEO activities influence search engine ranking algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to gather information, prioritize initiatives, and achieve results on time
- Experience with Open Graph, Schema.org, Google Tag Manager, Search Console, Google Analytics, DeepCrawl and other SEO technologies
- Prior development experience or a background in computer science preferred
Nice to have but not essential:
- Worked on a consumer-facing product
- Interest and experience in the property market
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on disruptive products, grow yourself and a team around you
- An amazing culture - We aim to attract likeminded individuals, so everyone has a shared goal. Our office is fuelled by honesty, hard work, and of course, some fun!
- Apart from learning from some (really) talented people you can dive headfirst into one of the largest industries in the world - we pride ourselves on being data-driven and using industry knowledge to better our processes
- Great opportunity to teach and to learn
- Work all across the product - you won’t be stuck micro-optimising a small part
- Work with a small but smart and driven team
- Grow responsibility quickly and fast-track your career
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business
To ensure everyone's safety and that there are no more than 15 people in the office at one time, the team is only in 2 days and working from home for the remaining 3.
The safety and wellbeing of our staff are of the utmost importance and we have worked tirelessly to ensure the office is COVID secure and compliant with government regulations.
We will move quickly for the right person, so get your CV over ASAP!