Equipment Connect is a high-growth, fintech startup working with business equipment. We believe acquiring, financing and managing equipment should be clear, convenient and flexible. To this end, we have developed a web application that hosts a three-sided marketplace of equipment users, vendors and funders so that equipment can be sourced, financed and managed digitally within one app.
We are post revenue and building up commercial activity fast, growing our registered equipment vendors by 35% month-on-month and driving business across several bases. Our BETA stage platform is in continuous development and we have an ambitious product roadmap for 2021.
Since development started in January 2018, the company has raised c. £400k of private investment and has been awarded funding from Innovate UK and completed the Barclays Techstars Accelerator earlier this year.
The Equipment Connect platform is a web application built with PHP (on the Laravel framework) and is hosted on AWS and DigitalOcean. On the front end we use VueJS to ensure dynamic and instintive engagement. We have implemented integrations with Oathello, Algolia and Slack.
Our development process employs best practice including TDD and CI resting on github with environments for dev, staging, dual/hot prod. We document as we go and communication across the team is fluid.
Three words define our tech mission: Agile, Robust and Open.
From day one, our architecture has been designed to handle a complex data structure while empowering users with clear, interactive and support-enabled views.
We understand that for Equipment Connect to be an efficient marketplace we must bring together data from across the business application eco-system and we must incentivise engagement with leads via API integrations with partners.
We have numerous integrations planned with accounting systems, open banking data providers, CRM systems and others and over the course of 2021 we we seek to leverage our growing data set with live data analysis features. Furthermore we have plans to roll out native mobile apps, grow our product offering and add armour to faciliate more complex transactions.
On the back of a fundraise expected to close in Q1 '21 we are seeking a hands-on CTO for a role that will involve some coding but mostly management. You will work alongside our existing Lead Developer.
While it is important we balance ambition with resource, we have aggressive hiring plans for '21. Recruitment and technical growth will be entirely within your remit. We are seeking an ambitious individual with a product mindset who will drive the tech baseline forward. You must have a collaborative mindset and be happy to work with advisors and consider ideas from across the team.
The role can be mostly remote and will also have a degree of flexibility on working hours. The team will come together 20-30% of the month in Reading, Oxford or London.
- While this is not a pure dev role, you need at least three years full-time dev experience at some stage of your career and be at least comfortable with PHP and Vue JS. Given our partners code base, a knowledge of traditional enterprise languages like Java and .NET are a benefit and any experience in Python is a positive as we ramp up our credit and data modelling.
- You will have graduated with a STEM primary or masters degree from a tier one university and/or will have experience in a fast paced environment requiring an agile mindset.
- You will have experience within financial services, fintech or another high-value, data sensitive, service industry.
- You will have some insight into fintech and an appreciation of how tech is best employed to enhance the user experience and create efficiency. You will have an awareness of the tech baseline across SME finance and equipment.
- You will have experience refactoring and will possess a flexible mindset allowing to build on imperfection.
- You will have a strong work ethic, high energy, an appreciation of detail and a desire to push the boundary.
- Good level of English and strong communication skills.
- You will understand the culture of fintech and financial services and bring a risk management mindset. You proactively chase issues and drive ideas forward.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take the driving seat at a fast paced startup and execute your tech strategy.
- Salary of up to £75,000 depending on candidate.
- Option package (subj to vesting) of up to 2.5% of equity.
- 29 days holiday a year with additional time off for important life events.
- Degree of flexibile working hours.
- Pension in place. Other perks to come.
- A base in central London, in a pleasant office, surrounded by a community of ambitious tech start ups and expense provision to support you working from home or locally.
- 10% creative time. Do what you want on a Friday afternoon as long as it advances your tech, engineering or finance knowledge.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM DEV HOUSES PLEASE. NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES OR RECRUITMENT PLATFORMS AT THIS TIME PLEASE.