Hello! And thanks for taking the time to check out our Software Developer role. We are extremely excited to be looking for another team member, as our startup looks to enter a period of rapid growth.
We are looking for someone who wants to become a key part of a great team, who is hungry to grow something small into something ground-breaking and industry-changing.
We’re in a private beta, and have a small number of art dealers testing our application. We are starting to get a number of feature requests, and are trying to figure out what to implement in order to give users the best possible experience.
Who are Art Technologies?
We are building "Views" - a platform to help art dealers and collectors source and sell artworks through their own networks. We are working on finally bringing the art industry online, and have plans to become the platform through which a significant proportion of the world’s art transactions occur.
We are currently a team of three:
- Augustinas is an Oxford DPhil theoretical physicist with passion for software engineering and machine learning.
- Jamie is an art dealer, who among his other companies founded a dealership that has turned over >$100m in art sales to date.
- Jeremy founded multiple successful tech companies in the past, appeared in Forbes 30 Under 30 list and has a passion for mentoring.
We started building Views earlier this year, and are currently in beta testing. We’re working out of a small office in central London that looks a bit like this.
We're young and hungry, and are looking for ambitious people with founder-mentality to be part of our team.
We would love to meet you if
- You want to build something incredible and change the way an industry works
- You're a problem solver who enjoys figuring out which problems to solve as much as actually solving them
- You enjoy strategising with a team, and working out how to implement your strategies
- You want to be a key part of growing a great company with great people
- You’re the kind of person who won’t take no for an answer and won’t give up
- You’d like more information! Dozens of people have tried to take the art world online, to no avail. If you would like to hear why we feel we have a good chance of success here please get in touch.
Who are we looking for?
We’re after a creative engineer, who can help us to build a next-generation platform for art dealers and collectors. The most important qualities for us is growth mentality and desire to learn. Depending on your interests there will be opportunities to work on frontend, backend, infrastructure and machine learning aspects.
Our tech stack
- Backend - Rest API in Go with Dgraph database
- Frontend Web - Typescript, React + Redux
- iOS App - Swift, SwiftUI
- Cloud infrastructure - AWS
- Tools - docker, git, terraform, postman
- Machine Learning - GPC, Pytorch, Python
Our main app is built using SwiftUI which Apple released about a year ago. Few are experts in SwiftUI yet, and starting working on it now presents an opportunity to not only become one of the best people in the world in it, but also to contribute to the open source projects and improve your public profile.
We don't expect you to be familiar with the list above, and while experience is very welcome, the desire to learn and ability to take the initiative is much more valuable to us.
We're looking to quickly expand Art Technologies and find people excited to about the product that we're building. As the company will grow you you'll have a chance to train new people and lead teams. It's an opportunity for an eager person to work hard, accelerate their career and be well rewarded for the efforts.
If the above sounds good please get in touch - we'd love to hear from you.