Jolt is democratising tech by breaking walls and making it accessible, with unique courses led by industry pros, that enable anyone to leverage their skills and experience to switch into tech. We only have one mission here at Jolt - pushing our students forward and giving them a real advantage in this challenging, changing world.
The bottom line
Jolt works with hundreds of world-class instructors from around the globe, delivering online, live and interactive classes. We call these professional instructors "Jolters". Each class offers practical takeaways that give our students a competitive advantage.
The content team is the one to create and produce the essence of Jolt - its syllabus, classes and the learning experience. We're looking for a full time Instructional Designer to design the syllabus, and create workshops by working with our jolters and turning their knowledge into exceptional lessons.
- An Instructional Designer expert and an effective communicator who can articulate, construct, and visualize complex content, simply and elegantly.
- Able to work with senior executives as you are with inexperienced professionals.
- Experienced with designing a syllabus, learning objectives, and course design.
- Experienced with building lesson plans, workshops, exercises and learning activities quickly and efficiently, from analysis to presentation design.
- Skilled at reviewing someone else's content (improving their messaging and pedagogical flow) and creating a fun, practical, and inspiring learning experience.
- Flexible and eager to work in a fast-moving, multi-tasking environment.
- Thorough, meticulous and possess an extreme sense of ownership over your work.
- A master of your domain, yet aware that you don't know everything. You are coachable and open to feedback.
- Eager to grow with the organization and willing to go through tremendous lengths to ensure it does.
- Research professional topics and formulate clear learning objectives for courses.
- Design course syllabus, lessons, exercises and learning activities.
- Train Jolters on best practices for remote teaching and presentation design.
- Analyze students’ feedback and watch lesson recordings to constantly improve our content.
- Approve the pedagogical quality of Jolt-owned content.
- Substantial experience (at least 2 years) in Instructional Design.
- Flawless English (must-have).
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Content research skills.
- Project management and planning skills.
- Familiarity with startup environments and methodologies.
- Experienced in sales/customer success positions - an advantage.
- You know how to tell a great story and design beautiful slides to go with it (preferably on Google Slides).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player.
- High performance under tight deadlines.
- Monthly coaching sessions with a career coach.
- A personal budget for professional growth & development.
- Full access to all of Jolt’s content.
- Work alongside passionate, mission-driven professionals.
Jolt is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability or sex.
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.