ABOUT THE ROLE
Online Education is having a moment, with millions of new learners flocking to online studies this year. As FutureLearn grows its learner base, we are keen to develop wider partnerships with brands and industry leaders, to grow our audience and our brand awareness in new and exciting ways.
This newly created position will report into the Head of Commercial Partnerships, assisting with existing brand partner management, and creating and leading on new relationships in the field. We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter, a strategic thinker, and someone who loves bringing brands together. As a new area of focus at FutureLearn, you will have the opportunity to shape this key marketing area and build on our successes, to help us reach new audiences and create lasting collaborations for years to come.
- Negotiate and acquire, and successfully onboard new brand partnerships for FutureLearn
- Set up agreements and contracts with brand partners and our in house Legal team
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial Partnerships to deliver sizeable and long-lasting brand partnership deals to demonstrably grow our learner and revenue streams
- Build out a strategic, commercially-driven outreach plan to develop partnerships with brands across industries and geographies
- Identify new opportunities for collaboration, contra marketing, and cross promotion for FutureLearn
- Capable of translating FutureLearn’s product features into a value based sales proposition
- Develop and contribute to positioning pieces and communication materials (e.g. presentations, narrative overviews) to enable regular and effective engagement with brand partners
- Develop and own relationships with external stakeholders to build out a collaborative network of brands, from start ups to established companies, to drive growth (learner acquisition and revenues)
- Lead the review and strengthening of concept ideas and proposals across a wide array of sectors
- Report on existing and new brand partnerships deals and effectively measure their impact, across brand awareness, metrics such as traffic and enrolment, and revenue targets
- Minimum 3 years of business development/account management/brand partnerships experience
- Highly focused on commercial opportunities and the delivery of incremental value
- Demonstrable experience of building out pipelines and acquiring new customers (B2B, B2C)
- Excellent administration and organisational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise and allocate resource against projects
- Detail oriented and highly organised: you can manage many projects, relationships, and initiatives all at once
- Strong communication skills and with an ability to breakdown complex information in a simple way, to leverage relationships
- Excellent customer service skills and you love to help people. You’re comfortable speaking to all levels of people, across different disciplines and markets.
- You are autonomous and take the right initiative to get the job done
- You are a natural team player
- Strong stakeholder management skills coupled with an ability to leverage external capabilities to achieve joint success.
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 8 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
We offer lots of flexibility, competitive benefits and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
Closing date for applications will be the 6th November
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.