Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Supply Data Scientist
We have a new opportunity within our Data Science team for a Data Scientist to work on data science products & projects within our ever growing Supply Tribe!
Our operations, logistics and supply chain are integral to ensuring our customers receive their Gousto box on time and exactly when they want it. The way we lay out our warehouse, fill our boxes with ingredients and get our box to a customer’s doorstep are all key to ensuring we have happy customers who get their boxes on time.
As a Data Scientist at Gousto; you’ll enjoy collaborating with our Data Engineers, Software Engineers and Product Managers, translating data science into robust and scalable data products as the business continues to grow massively.
If you’re a natural problem solver and are passionate about data, you’ll fit right in.
To be successful and more importantly enjoy your role as a Data Scientist at Gousto; you will be passionate about finding solutions for our customers.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Give it some Gousto!
Who You Are
- Adventurer in data science - As a member of the data-science team you will be using advanced optimisation techniques to build tools that will improve our digital and physical product journey.
- End-to-end owner of data products - The problems we pursue are diverse and have a direct impact on the business. They range from optimising flows in our warehouse to algorithmically designing recipe menus based on customers' tastes. We believe that if you build something, you should run it too. Our data scientists take ownership over the entire process from ideation to deployment, as well as automation and maintenance. Knowing our data products inside-out allows us to keep learning and improving.
- Passionate about impact - We have big plans for the future, hence we are looking for creative thinkers to help drive the business and disrupt the online grocery market by leveraging data and optimisation. Most of all, you are excited about Gousto’s mission and product and really enjoy working with the team.
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
- MSc/PhD/STEM related degrees are fantastic … (however we enjoy all backgrounds in the data team. There are lots of ways into a Data Scientist role after all!)
- Strong proven understanding of optimisation techniques
- Comfortable using SQL
- Experience measuring and managing data product performance
- Strong communication skills – being able to explain your work and the impact on the business to all types of business partners
- Passionate about all things data
Bonus Points For
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning
- Experience in Deep Learning
- Experience in Evolutionary Computation
- Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms into production environments (AWS)
- Experience in deploying APIs
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth!
Our offices are ergonomically tested for comfort, noise levels and ensuring we have different spaces to collaborate in. Not to mention daily coffee, tea, fruit and ice creams (vegan options too!). We have weekly Friday socials ranging from team updates, birthday celebrations, meet ups and more! Soft drinks, beer, wine and more snacks included! (Well we do love food)
Ping pong, gaming events, running clubs to pub clubs, wellbeing days and quarterly people events are just a few of the initiatives in place. With more to be announced in 2020!
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Gousto Academy training courses
- Free food & recipes from the test kitchen
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, mug