We are OSOME.CO.UK - online service helping entrepreneurs to save their time and free their minds from weekly bookkeeping. The industry is changing and we are leading the change by gradually automating tedious elements of work. Do you want to become a part of our innovative community and be exposed to a wide range of tasks and clients to accelerate your learning?
If the answer is yes, then we will be very glad to see you in our team.
We are looking for ex-Big 4 associates who are looking to become full-fledged accountants working in a very dynamic SMEs accounting startup space.
Unlike traditional accounting practices, our Senior Assistant Accountants do fewer boring tasks because most of the routine work is done by our software. Hence Senior Assistant Accountants are focused more on complex situations and client relationships. We are looking for an enthusiastic person, who is not afraid to take responsibilities and who has excellent time management skills. As a Senior Assistant Accountant you will always be striving for self-improvement and you will develop your career at your own pace. In addition to that we would like to work with a person who can maximize our customer acquisition and promote our products.
- Manage a portfolio of clients - small and medium businesses and e-commerce, ensuring that all the timelines are followed and the clients love us
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Independently manage all the bookkeeping questions for our clients (including day-to-day bookkeeping, VAT returns preparation, closing month on time, following daily bookkeeping routine etc.)
- Deal with Companies House and HMRC
- Identify improvements in order to enhance operations efficiency and quality of our service
- 2-3 years in finance-related role in Big 4 or an alternative
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Great attention to detail
- You are good with numbers, math and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you will be communicating with clients a lot via our in-app chat and on the phone
- Desire to grow and excel
- Working experience with cloud accounting software (Xero / QB) is advantageous
- E-commerce accounting knowledge is beneficial
- Preferably, you have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Make an impact on the lives of thousands of business owners
- Remote work from home or when possible from our cool London office
- Experience the most exciting growth phase of a start-up first-hand – we are on an exponential growth path and providing each individual with an opportunity to change the way we do things
- 6-month performance review cycle
- 25 days’ holiday + public bank holidays
- Be part of the OSOME international team - in addition to London, we have offices in Singapore, Moscow, and Hong-Kong
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Remote
- 2-3 years of required experience