Want to work on one of the most exciting and innovative fields of technology in the recent years? Want to shape the future of Conversational AI and build impactful products around it? We're looking for talented and motivated people to join our team and push frontiers!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Wluper, you will be involved in various stages of each product's lifespan and should remain abreast of technological advancements to promote efficiency.
You combine technical, communication, analytical capabilities and enjoy mentoring junior staff, as well as steering best practices and engineering culture.
What you will do at Wluper
- Designing and developing creative, compelling, fault-tolerant, and cutting-edge software-systems that support our mission
- Taking architectural decisions based on business requirements and constraints
- Deciding on underlying technologies and controlling architectural evolvement throughout iterations of the system
- Code optimization according to business requirements such as scalability, reliability, availability, performance, manageability, and costs
- Code contribution, maintenance and review will be the core of your day-to-day work
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. However, even if you don't meet all the requirements, yet you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to get to know you.
What you will bring to the Wluper team
- BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field and 5 to 10+ years working experience
- Excellent knowledge of Python 3.6+ including packaging, threading and web-servers (e.g. .whl, co-routines, wsgi)
- Strong experience with testing and testing frameworks in Python (e.g., mocking, Unittest, Nose2)
- Hands-on experience with and interest in best-practices (e.g., editorconfig, code-quality tools, linting, etc.)
- Strong experience with optimising and securing Python (e.g., cProfile, optimised .pyc)
- Experience with C-bindings in python (e.g. cython, .pyx)
- Experience with Containerisation & Orchestration (e.g., Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Experience with infrastructure providers and their services (e.g., AWS, Lambda, ECS/EKS, VPC)
- Hands-on knowledge of how to apply software design principles (e.g., SOLID, MVC)
- Experience using Agile / Scrum based product development methodologies
Nice to haves for this role
- Significant Open-Source contributor (e.g., Compilers, Deep Learning Libraries)
- Understanding of technologies such as load balancing, computer networks, operating system internals, relational DBMS, and SQL programming
- Experience in machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow and Pytorch
- Proficient with large-scale data-serving/compute libraries and software, such as Hadoop, Spark, Apache Mesos, Apache Kafka etc.
What we offer at Wluper
- Equity/stock options
- Flexible hours and a working from home policy
- 26 days paid holiday per year, plus company and bank holidays
- A MacBook Pro, and other tech that supports you doing your work
- Participation at training workshops, 1-on-1 sessions, conferences, and events
- Regular (remote) team events as well as regular (remote) social events
- Healthy snacks and breakfast when in the office
We at Wluper are a diverse, motivated, and fast-moving team of researchers and engineers, with extensive experience in many areas. We celebrate diversity which is why we are always looking to grow our team with talented people, regardless of race, colour, religion, nationality, gender, disability, or age.
We're currently all working remotely as a temporary measure against the pandemic. You will be able to work remotely too, but please note you still need to be authorised to work in the UK for any role within our company.