Gousto's growth in the UK continues and the next stop is Thurrock! We need a great team of Engineers to ensure the smooth running of our Factory. And that's where you come in!
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Purpose of the role
- To provide engineering planned preventative maintenance and breakdown support by applying principles of engineering and manufacturing technology to the production process in order to ensure high levels of productivity are maintained on all the production lines.
- Electrically bias, to fault find on; motors, Siemens PLC on pick by light systems, vertical form fill seal & horizontal baggers, Winyard/Turbo depositors etc.
- Able to innovate & continuously improve performance using Lean tools & training/mentoring Technical Operators.
- Training of technical operators, sharing skills so that they are able to improve performance & do the mechanical maintenance on all; conveying, box erecting & closing machinery as well as level 2 maintenance of bagging & flow wrap machines.
Shift Pattern & Work Expectation:
40hrs/week 8hr Shifts; Morning & Afternoon shifts 6am to 2pm & 2pm to 10pm, (1 weekend in 4)
Flexible working to cover activities, minimal callout but required from time to time
- Maintain safety standards on all machines
- PPM on weekly Monday & Tuesday maintenance window of opportunity
- Ensure process equipment operates efficiently, to maximise uptime & minimise downtime through reducing costly inefficiencies to a minimum whilst maintaining the integrity and safety.
- Maintain close attendance of the production line, in order to provide Engineering solutions, and assist in an operational capacity when required.
- Ensure that any rectification is followed through to a satisfactory conclusion by effective communication with other members of the Engineering team, Production team and Operations Manager.
- Support Engineering Manager in day-to-day duties.
- Undertake the Engineering Planned Preventative Maintenance Routine as detailed in the Standard operating Procedure manuals.
- Ensure that any specific permits required to carry out any work is obtained before proceeding to work.
- Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition.
- Participate in contributing ideas and completing all tasks to improve the plant and equipment performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Adopt and maintain working practices learnt on training programmes.
- Deliver improvement projects
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure correct specifications & procure components.
- Manage / mentor & develop Technical Operators.
- Apprenticeship trained & Electrically qualified (Multi-skilled preferable).
- Qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds, ONC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Engineering essential, mechanical ability is desirable.
- Experience with PLC fault finding and pneumatics is essential.
- Hazard & Risk Assessment qualification, isolation & check for dead, IOSH desirable, understanding of dynamic risk assessment.
- PUWER, LOLER and manual handling appreciation desirable.
- Fire safety or Fire Risk Assessment training desirable.
- Previous experience gained within a similar process environment, not necessarily food but FMCG would be beneficial.
- Good communicator with operations, colleges & management, experience of “train the trainer”
- Understanding of Route Cause Analysis and continuous improvement process.
- Ability to identify solutions and improvements that address critical needs, communication to gain approval, then deliver these.
- Capable of decision making without supervisory intervention.
- A team player with a positive approach to flexible work practices.
- Confident with the ability to accept responsibility.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail. Pragmatic planning and organisational skills, with ability to develop back-up options, but always safe ways of working.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of H&S standards and ability to maintain them in the work environment.
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently, in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks