BenevolentAI unites technology with human intelligence to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines. We have developed the Benevolent Platform®, a drug discovery platform built on powerful data foundations with state of the art machine learning and AI technology. Our technology empowers scientists to decipher the vast and complex code underlying human biology, find new ways to treat disease and personalise medicines to patients.Benevolent has active in-house R&D drug programmes in disease areas such as neurodegeneration, immunology, oncology and inflammation and has research and commercial collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and research organisations. The company is headquartered in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Who we are
We are an eclectic bunch at Benevolent, united by our belief that innovative thinking and purposeful technology can truly change outcomes for the better. Our mission is to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines for patients in need and we do this by applying AI, machine learning and other advanced technologies to reinvent the ways drugs are discovered and developed. We strive to bring together unique skills and perspectives across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI research, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We are looking for innovative and highly creative drug discovery scientists to join a team focused on AI driven target identification and supporting drug discovery programs. These individuals will contribute to our technology-enabled drug discovery programmes, from hit identification through to pre-clinical. As a central member of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists passionate about reinventing the way new medicines are developed, you will bring your understanding of in vitro biological technologies and drug discovery to rapidly move projects into clinical evaluation. Based at the Babraham Research Campus in Cambridge (UK), you will work closely with experts in artificial intelligence, deep learning, informatics, biological sciences, chemical sciences and clinical translation/commercialisation teams to devise creative ways to reimagine the way medicines are discovered.
- Utilise your drug discovery experience to harness BenevolentAI’s technology and drive target identification and validation efforts across a range of diseases.
- Identify, coordinate and lead in vitro studies to validate targets in disease relevant systems.
- Support drug discovery programs as a biology lead, working cross functionally with our in house chemists, bioinformaticians and AI teams.
- Critically analyse and interpret data, define realistic timelines for studies and meet delivery deadlines to execute high impact studies within a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Contribute to external collaborative relationships with academic leaders and contract research organisations.
We are looking for someone with
- BSc / MSc / PhD or equivalent in biological sciences or a closely related discipline. 3-5 years of industry research experience preferred.
- Experience in metabolic pathways and mechanisms driving diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and NAFLD/NASH is required.
- Experience in target validation with genetic approaches (RNAi/CRISPR) required.
- Expertise in Western blotting, RT-qPCR and ELISA required.
- Experience working in cell culture with immortalised cell lines, primary cells, iPSCs, primary tissue and complex cultures (co-cultures or 3D cultures) desired.
- Experience in high content imaging to measure disease-relevant phenotypes is advantageous.
- Experience using electronic laboratory notebooks and data management systems (eg Dotmatics, ActivityBase) desired.
- Experience successfully working in multi-disciplinary drug discovery & development teams, with excellent communication skills and the ability to forge productive relationships and collaborations both internally and externally.
- Evidence of creative thinking and problem solving, confidently applying novel strategies to move projects to important decision points quickly and efficiently.
Together, we envision a world in which no disease goes untreated. If you are benevolent, curious, want to tackle real world problems and are willing to embrace new ideas, hit that ‘apply’ button and join us.Important Note
It has come to our attention that unfortunately fraudsters have been falsely offering jobs and set-up fake interviews under the guise of being a Benevolent recruiter. We therefore advise you to be very stringent about who is reaching out to you. Any enquiry from our team will only be made via the email email@example.com or an email from this domain @benevolent.ai. Please flag any suspicious contact request to firstname.lastname@example.org