Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Senior Data Engineer
At Gousto we know that a great product backed by great data is key to our success. Our Data Engineering team is core to that. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team to support our big plans for 2021 and beyond.
We’re pretty proud of the data products we’ve built, but recognise that there is always more we can do to evolve our stack and add value to our data consumers. As we expand, we want to take our data stack to the next level in both features available and trust in it’s quality. All while using cool technologies and approaches to ensure what we build will scale.
The Senior Data Engineer role is key to our growth and scale. We’re looking for someone who has been in the trenches building data platforms and solutions and can bring a wealth of experience to the team. This role will give you exposure to data across Gousto’s tribes and will have plenty to keep you interested!
We have a great team of Data and Analytics Engineers to work with to help design, implement, build and support best-in-class data products. You’ll also be working with our wider Data team composed of Data Scientists and Product Analysts. You’ll also be helping to embed strong data engineering toolsets and practices throughout our Tech team.
What Will Keep You Busy
- Building best-in-class solutions - You’ll be key in expanding our designs, and taking on technical leadership to deliver.
- Own and improve our data infrastructure - We are also striving to keep improving it as we grow, so a big part of this role will be investigating the next-generation data processing & analytics technologies. We are 100% committed to provide self-serve capabilities in near real-time manner to all teams across the business.
- Striving for impact and delivery - You will have a significant impact on how we leverage data to propel the business. Hence, you will partner up with other teams across the business to understand their data needs and work with them to find the best solution.
- Obsessing over quality - As a data enthusiast you must have already heard a quote "garbage in, garbage out". To ensure high-quality of data, guaranteeing accurate dashboards and robust machine-learning algorithms, we believe that every data-point needs to be valid. As a senior engineer - you obsess over quality assurance and continually improve data validation on a daily basis.
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.
- You have an excellent understanding of modern data architecture and data modelling to maximise data usage across the business
- You have a delivery mindset and experience working in a fast paced, high growth tech organisation following the principles of Agile and lean development
- You have extensive experience with programming languages (Python preferably) and writing efficient SQL queries
- You will have a strong understanding of modern distributed computing systems (preferably Pyspark) and will have real-world experience of running them in production environments
- You have great communication skills, whether to your team, to business stakeholders or to our leadership team
- You are a high-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.