Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Technology, Data Science and AI are at the heart of Gousto. The code we write powers every aspect of our business from the recommendation engine powering our e-commerce experience right down to the genetic algorithms used to efficiently route boxes in our warehouse.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Senior Data Scientist - Supply Tribe
We have a new opportunity within our Data Science team for a Senior Data Scientist to lead on Data Science products & projects within our successful Supply Tribe!
Our technology & operations are growing. The Senior Data Scientist will drive cross functional working and ensure Data Science is optimised in all areas possible!
Our operations, logistics and supply chain are integral to ensuring our customers receive their Gousto box. How we optimise our warehouse, ingredients, resources and customer distribution is key to ensuring the quality and convenience we want our customers to have.
As Senior Data Scientist you will be experienced driving successful data science projects and team delivery. At Gousto we look to support and develop our people at all levels and are passionate about continued development within Data Science.
You’ll enjoy collaborating with fellow Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Engineers and Product Managers, translating data science into robust and scalable data products as the business continues to grow massively.
If you’re a natural problem solver and are passionate about data, you’ll fit right in.
To be successful and more importantly enjoy being at Data Scientist at Gousto; you will be passionate about finding solutions for our customers.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Give it some Gousto!
Who You Are
- Adventurer in data science - As a senior member of the data-science team you will be using advanced machine-learning and optimisation techniques to build tools that will improve the business and make our service highly personalised. We look to our senior team members to unlock new step changes in performance for our existing data products, introduce new theories and technologies to the team and leverage data science in new areas of the business.
- End-to-end owner of data products - The problems we pursue are diverse and have a direct impact on the business. They range from optimising flows in our warehouse to algorithmically designing the layouts of each factory. We believe that if you build something, you should run it too. This means that our data scientists take ownership over the entire process from ideation to deployment, as well as automation and maintenance. Knowing our data products inside-out allows us to keep learning and improving.
- Passionate about impact - We have big plans for the future, hence we are looking for creative thinkers to help drive the business and disrupt the online grocery market by leveraging machine learning and optimisation. You will work with amazing colleagues and look forward to solving challenging problems that will have significant impact on the product and our customers. You’ll recognise when to meet complex problems with advanced solutions or when a simple approach cuts through all complexity. Most of all, you are excited about Gousto’s mission and product and really enjoy working with the team.
- Relentlessly raising the bar – We believe that one of the most important things our Senior Data Scientists do is educate the more junior members of the team. We’re looking for someone who can bring new and innovative engineering practices into the team, someone who is willing to help educate and help to improve what we do on a daily basis. As a senior member of the team, you’re always on the lookout for opportunities to help the team fulfil their potential.
- MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Math, Stats, Computer Science or BSc paired with strong industry experience
- Strong proven understanding of machine learning techniques and optimisation algorithms
- Comfortable using SQL
- Experience with managing productionisation of data products
- Experience measuring and managing data product performance
- Great communication skills – being able to explain your work and the impact on the business to all types of business partners
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
Bonus Points For
- Experience in Optimisation Theory & Constraint Programming
- Experience in Deep Learning (RNN)
- Experience in Evolutionary Computation
- Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms into production environments (AWS)
- Experience with Airflow
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Gousto Academy training courses
- Free food & recipes from the test kitchen
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, mug
For the full Gousto list of benefits just get in touch and we can share all the details!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.