Greener Beans was founded to accelerate a shift toward sustainable production and consumption. To achieve this, we are focussing on making shopping sustainably easy and rewarding, beginning with grocery shopping in the UK.
We recognise the majority of our food production is unsustainable, and although an increasing number of us wish to shop more sustainably, doing so is complex, inconvenient, and perceived to be costly. We are building a product to offer online grocery shoppers more sustainable swaps, in an easy and rewarding way. By changing incentives in the system, we can drive increased transparency and traceability in food supply chains and more sustainable production.
We are working with some of the world’s largest retailers and sustainability groups who are aligned to our purpose.
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial technology leader with hands-on experience to design and build our technology and data platform. The role will require you to lead the design and development of the required technical and data infrastructure to achieve our mission.
- Own the technical design, build, and maintenance of the Greener Beans Backend and Frontend solutions:
- A transparent Sustainability Measurement System
- APIs connecting to retail partners and data sources
- Data management
- Management of cloud infrastructure and security
- Communicate well both technically and non-technically
- Collaborate with wider team and external stakeholders to ensure a successful suite of products:
- Sustainability Measurement System
- Swapping service
- Insight solutions
- Ensure all technical builds are effective, futureproofed and built to budget
- Manage relationships with any 3rd party providers
- Recruit and manage team of developers
- Build in a way that is easy to understand and self-documenting
- Capabilities and experience with the following:
- Either GCP (cloud) or AWS
- One of the following back end languages; Golang, Typescript, Python
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in agile methods of full-stack development
- Proven delivery of a product to market, in a B2B context and ideally in B2C also
- Have a deep understanding of data engineering principles and processes
- Have experience leading a team in a data engineering capacity. Effective in managing their welfare and professional development.
- Experience with open APIs
- Chrome Extension experience
Who you are - We want to hear from you if:
- You seek a role with impact and possess a commitment to deliver
- You aren't afraid of ambiguity and are comfortable with a fast-changing working environment.
- You don’t wait to be told what to do and you’re always looking at ways to improve things.
- You’re not afraid to raise concerns or challenge for the best outcome.
- You’re friendly and kind and want to help the rest of the team out.
- You’re excited about contributing ideas, thinking up new features, and dreaming out new things to build.
What you can expect from us?
- A supportive and open working environment where we challenge each other to improve
- The opportunity to build a mission-driven business from its early stages.
- Make a meaningful difference addressing one of the biggest challenges of our time
- We encourage everyone to contribute their own perspective to the team, and know the best ideas are borne of diversity.
Other benefits include:
- Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 plus equity with potential for quick progression
- Remote and flexible working. Remote working, with regular meetups in London 1-2x/month
- Holiday allowance - 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Endless tips on how to eat and live more sustainably!
Greener Beans is committed to creating and promoting a diverse environment and focused on making our workplace an inclusive community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.